This Florida Cobb Salad is loaded with a ton of tropical southern goodness! Its got fresh mango, crispy bacon, creamy avocado, pickled red onions, tomato and feta cheese! I use my fav go-to citrus salad dressing but you could use whatever you like!
What is a Florida Cobb Salad
A Florida Cobb Salad is my play on a traditional cobb salad.
Instead of the traditional ingredients, this one is loaded with a ton of tropical, southern flavors.
On the bottom lies a nice crunchy cool layer of lettuce.
The top is loaded with fresh juicy mango, rich avocado, tangy feta, bright cherry tomatoes and crispy meaty bacon. It's also got my favorite pink pickled onions which add the perfect tangy bite.
And instead of the traditional hard boiled eggs, this one has soft boiled eggs that lend rich and creamy notes to the salad.
As for the dressing, I use my favorite citrus vinaigrette that I always use on all the greens at my family's bnb the Black Dolphin Inn.
This recipe was originally created for a job with the National Mango Board on my instagram but I loved it so much that I thought it deserved to live here, too!
Ingredients & Substitutions
- Romaine Lettuce - I recommend this kind of lettuce because it's super crunchy but you could use any type of lettuce your heart desires.
- Mangos - I think the mango adds the perfect pop of sweet tropical goodness but you could sub it for another fruit that you have on hand.
- Avocado - No real sub for avocado but you could leave it off if you don't have it.
- Feta - If you don't like feta, you could use goat cheese, fresh mozzarella, asiago, pepper jack or another one of your favorite cheeses.
- Cherry Tomatoes - You could use any tomato variety,
- Bacon - If you don't eat bacon, you could leave it off or just add your favorite veg-friendly bacon substitute.
- Pink Pickled Onions - These are my favorite and I always have them on hand. But if you're in a rush, regular red onions work just fine.
- Soft Boiled Eggs - I think soft boiled eggs are superior to hard boiled but you could use them if you like!
- Citrus Vinaigrette - If you don't feel like making your own dressing, i recommend some sort of sweet strawberry dressing, poppyseed dressing, balsamic vinaigrette, or even red wine vinegar.
How to make it
Making this Florida Cobb Salad is super easy!
Besides prepping all of the ingredients, the only thing left to do is make the dressing!
Simply whisk together honey mustard, olive oil, red wine vinegar, honey, orange juice, garlic.
Taste and finish with a pinch of sea salt and a few cranks fresh cracked pepper.
Once the dressing is done, it's time to assemble the salad.
Lay the cleaned, chopped lettuce in a bowl and top with chopped mango, avocado, feta, tomato, bacon, and pickled red onion.
If you're eating it right away, I recommend pouring the dressing on and tossing it all together.
Or you could always serve the dressing on the side if you're into that!
What goes with Cobb Salad?
I love this caramelized zucchini pasta and I think it would pair perfectly with this summer salad.
You could also serve it alongside this avocado bagel or this bruleed grapefruit avocado toast as a sort of sandwich salad combo.
Want more tasty salad recipe inspiration? Try this burrata caprese, this fried prosciutto burrata salad, or even this warm cauliflower piccata style salad.
Save this recipe for later
Want to save this Florida Cobb Salad recipe for another time?
You can pin any image on this page or use the pretty ones I made below specifically for your Fall pinterest boards.
And if you don't already, feel free to follow me on pinterest, instagram, youtube, facebook, and tiktok for tasty inspiration shared daily!
And if pinterest isn't really your thing, you can always scroll down to the bottom of this post and print the printable recipe card.
Florida Cobb Salad
For the dressing
For the salad
- 3 cups chopped lettuce
- 2 medium ripe mangos cut into pieces
- 1 large avocado cut into strips
- ½ cup feta crumbled
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 4 slices cook bacon crumbled
- ¼ cup cup pickled red onions
- 2 soft boiled eggs
For the dressing
- Whisk together ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
For the salad
- Add lettuce to a large bowl and top with mango, avocado, feta, tomato, bacon, and pickled red onion. Pour dressing over the top and toss or serve it on the side.