This roasted cauliflower piccata is made on one sheet pan in less than 30 minutes! It’s easy to make while also being super flavorful and a great vegetarian side dish for spring!
What is Cauliflower Piccata
This cauliflower piccata recipe is inspired by one of my favorite bloggers - Alex from The Defined Dish.
One of her most popular recipes is a sheet pan chicken piccata and it is SO GOOD!
It actually inspired me to create a vegetarian version for my SIL who doesn't eat meat.
This vegetarian cauliflower piccata recipe is made on a sheet pan which makes it super easy and doable for busy peeps like me.
Let's get to it, shall we!
Ingredients & Substitutions
- Cauliflower - Cauliflower is the star of this recipe but that doesn't mean you can't change it for something else. You can even do broccoli!
- Olive oil - I recommend olive oil for this recipe but another neutral oil will work if you'er in a bind.
- Garlic powder - We'll be using garlic powder for the roasting part. If you don't have this, you could use an all purpose seasoning blend - just be sure to keep the salt in line if it's salted
- Paprika - Same goes with Paprika - if you don't have it, that's fine. This isn't really for flavor - more for making the cauliflower get color.
- White Wine - I'm using a crisp white wine which I recommend. You can also use cooking wine if that's what you have.
- Chicken Stock - You could also use vegetable stock if you want to go full vegetarian!
- Salted Butter - If you don't have salted butter, you can use unsalted just be sure to add a few pinches of salt to make up for it.
- Shallot - No shallots, no problem! You can skip them if you don't have any. Or you could also use thinly sliced red onion in its place.
- Fresh Garlic - Fresh is best especially in this recipe but you could use the minced jarred kind if that's all you have.
- Capers - Capers def give this recipe the piccata taste but if you hate them, leave them off! I'd use some parlsey for color if I went this route.
- Lemon - Since we'll be using the zest and the juice, fresh lemon is highly recommended.
How to make Cauliflower Piccata
Making Cauliflower Piccata is so easy -- especially since we make it on ONE sheet pan! Because of that, clleanup is easy, too!
The first thing we're going to do is preheat the oven to 425F degrees.
Next, add chopped cauliflower, olive oil, salt, garlic powder and paprika to a sheet pan and toss it all together.
Bake it for 15 minutes.
Now remove the sheetpan from the heat and add the white wine, chicken stock, butter, shallots, garlic, capers.
Side note: Since I don't really drink a lot of white wine, I always keep personal sized wine bottles on hand so that I have fresh white wine to cook with.
Now toss everything together and put the sheet pan back in the oven for 10 more minutes so that everything can come together.
Remove from heat and toss with lemon zest, lemon juice, and parmigiano before serving.
Serve on a big plate and be sure to drizzle the piccata pan sauce on top!
What to pair it with
If you're wondering what goes with cauliflower piccata, I've got a few ideas!
I recommend trying this sausage pepper and onion lasagna, this burrata caprese, or even this honey butter skillet corn which is so good!!
You could also try this risotto cacio e pepe, chicken florentine soup, or even serve it as a side dish to this pizza al taglio!
Save this recipe for later
Want to save this Cauliflower Piccata recipe for another time? I got you!
You can pin any image on this page or use the pretty ones I made below specifically for your Fall pinterest boards.
And if you don't already, feel free to follow me on pinterest, instagram, youtube, facebook, and tiktok for tasty inspiration shared daily!
And if pinterest isn't really your thing, you can always scroll down to the bottom of this post and print the printable recipe card.
Sheet Pan Cauliflower Piccata
- 1 large cauliflower cut into small florets
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ cup white wine
- ½ cup chicken stock
- 2 tbsp salted butter
- 1 medium sized shallot finely sliced
- 5 cloves garlic finely sliced
- 2 tbsp capers drained
- 1 large lemon juiced and zested
- ⅓ cup parmigiano finely grated
- Preheat oven to 425F degrees.
- Add chopped cauliflower, olive oil, salt, garlic powder and paprika to a sheet pan and toss. Cook for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add the wine, chicken stock, butter, shallots, garlic, and capers directly to the sheet pan and onto the cauliflower.
- Toss everything together and put the sheet pan back in the oven for 10 more minutes.
- Remove from heat and toss with lemon zest, lemon juice, and parmigiano before serving.