This fried prosciutto, strawberry and burrata salad is the perfect spring time salad for Easter Brunch. It’s got crispy prosciutto, sweet strawberries, fresh avocado and deliciously rich bits of burrata layered on tender butter lettuce leaves. The dressing is made from store bought pesto to save you extra time.
- Ingredients & Substitutions
- How to crisp up prosciutto
- How to make salad dressing out of pesto
- How to make fried prosciutto, strawberry and burrata salad
- Can I make this in advance?
- What to serve it with
- Save this recipe for later
- Printable Recipe Card
- Fried Prosciutto, Strawberry & Burrata Salad with Pesto Vinaigrette
Ingredients & Substitutions
- Pesto - I'm using store bought pesto but you could def make your own!
- Lemon Juice - Fresh is best but the shelf stable bottle is fine if that's all you have.
- White Balsamic Glaze - You can use honey if you don't have white balsamic glaze.
- Olive oil - Avocado oil will work if you don't have olive oil.
- Prosciutto - Prosciutto is a main component but you could probably use crisped up salami, pancetta, or maybe even bacon.
- Butter Lettuce - I like this kind of lettuce because it's tender and sweet but you could use another lettuce if you wish.
- Burrata - If you don't have burrata, you could def make stracciatella yourself. Here's a burrata hack if you need one!
- Avocado - You can leave this out if you don't like avocado.
- Strawberries - Swap this out for peaches or another stone fruit if you're not into strawberries.
How to crisp up prosciutto
You can crisp up prosciutto by cooking it in a pan just like bacon.
Turn the heat to medium high and add the prosciutto - preferably two pieces at a time.
Cook for 1-2 minutes on each side until the color caramelized and the prosciutto pieces harden.
Let each one cool on a paper towel lined plate to stay crispy.
How to make salad dressing out of pesto
Making salad dressing out of store bought pesto is super easy!
All you'll do is add the pesto to a small bowl and then add a little bit of lemon juice to brighten it.
Then you can add either white balsamic glaze or honey to slightly sweeten it.
Then thin it out by stirring in some olive oil until everything is combined.
Finish with salt and pepper to taste if needed.
How to make fried prosciutto, strawberry and burrata salad
Making this salad is all about the layers!
First place half of the clean, dried butter lettuce leaves in a large bowl and drizzle on ⅓ of the salad dressing.
Then add the rest of the lettuce and another ⅓ of the dressing.
Next, it's time for the toppings.
Add the burrata (or stracciatella), avocado, strawberries and crispy fried prosciutto.
Finish with the remaining salad dressing and serve immediately.
Can I make this in advance?
This salad is best made right before eating it.
If you need to save time or make it easier on yourself, you can prep each ingredient and keep them in air tight containers.
From there, you can assemble quickly and easily once you're ready to enjoy it.
What to serve it with
I recommend serving this delicious salad with an italian feast like this one!
I think this fried prosciutto, strawberry and burrata salad would go well with this burrata caprese, this cauliflower piccata, and this sausage pepper and onion lasagna.
If you want more tasty salad recipes, try this kale apple slaw, this barbecue chicken salad or this Mediterranean cauliflower salad.
Save this recipe for later
Want to save this fried prosciutto, strawberry and burrata salad recipe for another time? I got you!
You can pin any image on this page or use the pretty ones I made below specifically for your Fall pinterest boards.
And if you don't already, feel free to follow me on pinterest, instagram, youtube, facebook, and tiktok for tasty inspiration shared daily!
And if pinterest isn't really your thing, you can always scroll down to the bottom of this post and print the printable recipe card.
Printable Recipe Card
Fried Prosciutto, Strawberry & Burrata Salad with Pesto Vinaigrette
- ½ cup pesto storebought
- ½ large lemon juiced
- 1 tbsp white balsamic glaze or honey
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 6 slices prosciutto
- 1 head butter lettuce cleaned
- 2 balls burrata torn
- 1 large avocado thinly sliced
- 1 cup strawberries quartered
- In a small bowl, combine pesto, lemon juice, white balsamic glaze (or honey) and olive oil and stir. Set aside.
- Heat a pan over medium-high and add prosciutto, 2 pieces at a time and cook until they begin to crisp up. Flip and repeat on other side. Remove the pieces as they get crispy and continue for the remaining slices. Once cool, crack into smaller pieces and set aside.
- Add half of the butter lettuce leaves to a large salad bowl and top with ⅓ of the dressing.
- Add the rest of the lettuce leaves and drizzle another ⅓ of the dressing.
- Evenly distribute the burrata, crispy prosciutto, avocado and strawberry and a pinch of salt. Drizzle the remaining dressing on top and serve immediately.