This roasted broccoli and feta frittata is loaded with caramelized tomatoes and fresh basil. It's a perfect breakfast or brunch recipe that's quick and easy to make. And best of all, you can customize it with whatever veggies you have!
When I was working full time at Black Dolphin Inn, this roasted broccoli and feta frittata was one of my go-to recipes.
Not only is it quick and easy to make, but it's so so flavorful!
Roasting the veggies beforehand adds so much depth and flavor.
And when you add the garlic straight to the baking sheet, it cooks it just enough so that it infuses with the egg perfectly.
What's also cool about this recipe is how transformable it is.
If you've got any sort of leftover basic roasted veggies, you can use this recipe without fail!
All you need is 8 eggs, 2 cups of roasted veggies, ½ cup of milk, some cheese and salt!
And although frittatas are considered a breakfast dish, I eat it at all hours.
Ingredients & Substitutions
- Broccoli - You could swap this out for any veggie you like - adjusting cook time as needed.
- Cherry tomatoes - You could swap this out for any veggie you like - adjusting cook time as needed.
- Olive Oil - any oil will work!
- Salt - Kosher is best in my opinion, but sea salt, pink Himalayan or iodized salt will work fine, too!
- Garlic Powder - leave it out if you don't like it but i think it makes the veggies more tasty!
- Eggs - I use cage-free, organic eggs but you could use regular eggs or egg beaters if you'd like.
- Milk - Feel free to switch this out to any milk you like. It's delicious with heavy cream, half & half, lowfat milk, or even unsweetened almond milk.
- Feta - Also not required, you could use any type of cheese you like!
- Basil - My fav herb with this dish but i'm sure it would be delicious with any herb like rosemary, dill, or even cilantro!
- Balsamic Glaze - Totally optional, too. I think this works best to balance out the saltiness of the frittata but you can leave it off if you're not into it.
How to make this Roasted Broccoli & Feta Frittata
Making this roasted broccoli and feta frittata is super easy - like most of my recipes! lol.
To begin, preheat your oven to 425F degrees.
While it's heating up, chop up broccoli and cherry tomatoes.
Add them to a baking dish and toss with olive oil, salt and garlic powder.
Spread everything out equally and bake for 20 minutes -- then remove from oven and set aside.
Meanwhile while the veggies are cooking, whisk together eggs, milk, ½ tsp salt in a large bowl.
Once the veggies are done, remove them from the oven and add the minced garlic to the sheet pan immediately. Toss everything together.
Then drop the oven’s heat down to 400F degrees.
Now grease a cast iron skillet or another type of baking dish.
Add all of the roasted veggies, 3 ounces of feta cheese and the torn basil.
Pour the egg mixture over the top of everything and bake for 20 minutes.
Remove it from the oven and immediately sprinkle the remaining oz of feta on top.
Let your frittata sit for 5 minutes while the feta melts and softens.
Slice it up into whatever size pieces you'd like then finish with a drizzle of balasmic glaze.
How Long Does it Keep in the Fridge?
You can enjoy your frittata for up to 4-5 days if kept refrigerated!
How do I reheat a frittata?
I don't mind a cold frittata but if you wanted to reheat it, you could do 1 minute in the microwave per slice.
Or heat your oven to 350 and wrap it in tinfoil and bake for about 10 minutes or until its heated through.
What Other Veggie Combos Could I use?
The possibilities are endless! Here are my some of my favorite flavor combos!
- Butternut squash, goat cheese and sage
- Cheddar, bacon, cherry tomatoes, thyme
- Spinach, olives, feta, sun dried tomatoes, oregano
- sweet corn, peas, basil, mint and goat cheese
- zucchini, caramelized onion, gruyere and basil
- smoked gouda, potatoes, bacon and thyme
What to pair it with
Since this is a great brunch recipe, let's talk about some other tasty recipes that it could pair with!
When it comes to savory, try these 15 minute air fryer breakfast potatoes, this cheesy asparagus puff pastry with caramelized onion jam, or this copycat eggslut breakfast sandwich!
Save this recipe for later!
If you're into pinterest as much as I am, I hope you appreciate these pretty pinterest images I created below!
And if you don't already, please feel free to follow me for daily inspiration!
Roasted Broccoli & Feta Frittata Recipe
Roasted Broccoli & Feta Frittata with Tomatoes & Basil
- Preheat oven to 425F degrees.
- Add broccoli, cherry tomatoes, olive oil, garic powder, and a hefty pinch of salt to a baking sheet and toss.
- Bake for 20 minutes then remove from oven and set aside.
- Meanwhile, whisk together eggs, milk, and ½ tsp salt in a large bowl.
- Once the broccoli is cooked, add the fresh minced garlic directly to the sheet pan and toss everything together so that the residual heat cooks the garlic just slightly. Now drop the oven’s heat down to 400.
- Grease a cast iron skillet or another type of baking dish and add the roasted veggies, 3 ounces of feta cheese and the basil.
- Pour the egg mixture over the top of it and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove it from the oven and immediately sprinkle the remaining oz of feta on top. Let your frittata sit for 5 minutes.
- Slice and finish with a drizzle of balsamic glaze.