These super delicious Air Fryer Breakfast Potatoes are made in 15 minutes! They’re tender yet crunchy, super flavorful and easy to make! They’re a great last minute breakfast recipe that is totally adaptable. Try adding cheese, egg, or even crumbled bacon or sausage on top!
Is it just me or does it seem like everyone got air fryers for Christmas this year?
I can’t tell you how many messages I’ve received on instagram requesting air fryer recipes.
And because you know I love to deliver, well here we are!
I absolutely love my air fryer and I bet you do to!
One of the best things about it is how insanely quick it cooks food. And not only that, but it toasts bread, reheats pizza, and can make cookies in half the time of a traditional oven!
Can you tell I’m a fan? Lolz.
With that being said, let’s focus on the recipe at hand.
Potatoes are one of my favorite things to make in the air fryer because it’s like the perfect middle ground between being deep fried and oven baked.
The result is a crispy exterior with a perfectly pillow interior… in half the time it would traditionally take! Plus, since we’re not deep frying, there’s less calories, too!
(scroll down to the bottom for the full printable recipe)
- potatoes (I recommend using red potatoes!)
- olive oil
- kosher salt
- garlic powder
- herbs de provence (or you could use rosemary or thyme)
- bell pepper
- scallions for garnish if desired
How to make it
Making these air fryer breakfast potatoes are a total breeze!
If you have the same air fryer as me, you don’t need to preheat it. But if yours requires a preheat, go ahead and start that now at 400F degrees.
Next, it’s time to toss the potatoes in olive oil, paprika, garlic powder, herbs de provence and salt. If you don’t have herbs de provence, don’t worry about it! You could easily sub it out for dried rosemary or thyme. Or you could even use another spice blend of your choice!
Once the potatoes are tossed in the seasoning blend, it’s time to cook them.
Pour the potatoes in the basket and shake them so they’re spaced evenly apart from each other. This will help get that crispy skin.
Now set the timer for 15 minutes at 400F degrees and let them cook, shaking after the first 5 minutes.
While it’s cooking, add the chopped onions and peppers to the same bowl that you tossed the potatoes in.
Sprinkle a little bit of salt on top and stir.
You want the peppers and onions to soak up the extra oil and spices that are left in the bowl so you’ll want to take that into consideration!
Once the first 10 minutes are up, remove the basket and pour the peppers and onions right on top of the potatoes.
Give it a little shake to disperse everything.
Now put it back in for the last 5 minutes to let everything finish cooking. This is also when the potatoes will reach their crispiest bite!
When the timer goes off, pour everything out of the basket into a big bowl, and taste. Season with a little more salt and pepper if you desire!
Add a sprinkle of scallions for garnish if you’d like!
How to make it cheesy
Since I’m the unofficial cheese wizard, I also wanted to show you how to make these air fryer breakfast potatoes cheesy!
Doing so is SUPER easy!
After the potatoes are all cooked, simply slide out the air fryer basket and try to pile the potatoes close to each other.
Add a generous amount of cheese – I recommend about a handful or a 1/3 cup and put the basket back into the air fryer.
Turn the heat to 400 and cook for 2 minutes or until the cheese is hot and melty.
How to reheat it
Not going to lie, you probably won’t have leftovers, but if you want to reheat these air fryer breakfast potatoes, I got you!
Just pour the leftover potatoes in the basket and turn the heat to 375F.
Cook the leftovers for 3 minutes and check them. If they’re not hot enough, add another 3 minutes or more until they’re hot again.
What to serve it with
These air fryer breakfast potatoes are just perfect with a sunny side egg on top.
Save the recipe for later
If you’re looking to save this air fryer breakfast potato recipe for later, i got you!
Just hover your mouse over the any of these images and press the pin button. Save it to your desired pinterest board and boom – recipe saved!
Also, shameless plug here but please feel free to follow me on pinterest for daily inspiration!
15 Minute Air Fryer Breakfast Potatoes
- 3 cups red potatoes chopped into half inch cubes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt divided
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp herbs de provence or rosemary or thyme
- 1/4 cup bell pepper finely diced
- 1/4 cup onion finely diced
- 2 scallions for garnish if desired
- Preheat air fryer to 400 degrees if necessary.
- Meanwhile, add potatoes, olive oil, half the salt, and all of the paprika, garlic powder and herbs de provence to a mixing bowl and toss everything together.
- Pour the potatoes in the air fryer basket and shake them so they're spaced evenly apart. Set the timer for 15 minutes then press start.
- Shake once more when 5 minutes have passed.
- Meanwhile, add the peppers, onions, and remaining salt to the bowl that the potatoes were in. Stir it up so that the leftover potato seasoning and olive oil cover the onions and peppers.
- When there’s 5 minutes left of the potatoes cook time, take the basket out, add the peppers and onions on top and continue cooking until the timer goes off.
- Pour the potatoes into a serving bowl and taste. Season with more salt and pepper if necessary. **Add chopped scallions for garnish if you'd like!**