These tostadas de pollo (aka shredded chicken tostadas) are so easy and delicious! Shredded chicken breast is tossed in an easy honey chipotle sauce and piled onto crispy tostada shells with lots of tasty toppings! If you want something more traditional, you could toss the chicken in my favorite tinga sauce or even some salsa or enchilada sauce.
In our house, we eat a ton of chicken tostadas!
They're quick to make, delicious to eat, and the crunch is unbeatable!
Since this recipe is shared from a sponsored post on instagram, I use Sadler's new smoked shredded chicken which is so flavorful and moist. I highly recommend it!
But if you don't have Sadler's, you could easily use regular shredded chicken that you make yourself.
To make this recipe even more quick and easy, I'm also using a ton of ingredients that don't require a lot of prep work.
The only thing that you might want to make from scratch is the guacamole, grilled corn and the pink pickled onions. All of them are delicious and can be used for so many things!
Everything else is pretty simple and straight forward!
You're going to love how quick these tostadas de pollo come together!
And if you've never had shredded chickent tostadas, well get excited because they're going to be your new fav thing!
Ingredients & Instructions
- Tostadas Shells - If you don't have premade tostada shells, you can make them yourself by deep frying corn tortillaa.
- Shredded Chicken - I'm using Sadler's smoked shredded chicken for convenience but you could definitely use regular shredded chicken if you don't have this brand.
- Chipotle Peppers in Adobo - I've been LOVING these jarred chipotles in adobo because they last forever in the fridge. And there's no real sub for them because the taste is unqiue!
- Honey - you could also use maple syrup if you don't have honey.
- Simple Guacamole - My guac is super easy - just add avocado, lime juice, salt to a bowl and mash it all together. If you have an avocado aversion, you could also use refried beans.
- Roasted Corn - I'm using leftover roasted corn, but you could also use any frozen or canned corn you have on hand if you're in a pinch.
- Pickled Jalapenos - If you don't like pickled jalapenos, you could leave them off!
- Pink Pickled Onions - If you don't like pickled onions, you could leave them off or just use regular chopped white or red onion.
- Queso Fresco - Queso fresco is one of my favorite Mexican cheeses. If you don't have it, you could use another mexican cheese like cotija. Or you could try mozzarella, pepperjack, or another semi-firm cheese that fits your taste.
- Cilantro - Cilantro is of course optional because I know some people have a genetic aversion. If you don't like it - no worries - you can definiltey leave it off!
- Hot Sauce - Same goes with hot sauce - i love it but if you don't, leave it off or use salsa instead. We used Cholula on these!
How to make Easy Shredded Chicken Tostadas
Making these tostadas de pollo (shredded chicken tostadas) is super easy!
The first thing you'll want to do is to preheat your oven to 350.
While that's warming up, get the chicken ready.
In a wide, shallow pan (I'm using my Always Pan by Our Place), add the chipotle peppers in adobo and the honey. I recently found these jarred chipotle peppers at the Walmart and I cannot get enough of them. They last forever in the fridge.
Turn the heat to medium and bring to a simmer then add the chicken. Toss to coat then continue cooking until sauce is absorbed and the chicken is hot - about 5 minutes. Set aside.
Now place tostadas on a baking sheet and bake for 5 minutes. You could also place them direction on the middle rack, too.
Meanwhile, add 2 mashed avocados, the juice from 1 lime and a pinch of kosher to a bowl. Stir it up and set aside.
Once the tostadas are hot, spread the simple guacamole evenly over each of the tostada shells.
Then equally top with the honey chipotle shredded chicken, roasted corn, pink pickled red onions, pickled jalapenos, queso fresco and cilantro.
Finish with a few dashes of hot sauce and salt if needed.
What to pair it with Tostadas de Pollo
And if you've got leftover chicken, check out this chicken tinga recipe page where I share lots of different ways to use the leftovers!
Save this recipe for later
If you don't want to forget about this recipe, save it to pinterest! You can do so by hovering over any image and then click "pin it!". Super simple!
Or! You could also just scroll to the very bottom and print the printable recipe card if you you'd like!
Easy Shredded Chicken Tostadas (Tostadas de Pollo)
- 3 tablespoon diced chipotles in adobo
- 3 tablespoon honey
- 2.5 cups shredded chicken or Sadler's smoked shredded chicken
- 6 tostada shells
- 2 large avocados mashed
- 1 lime juiced
- ½ cup leftover roasted corn
- 6 tablespoon pink pickled red onions
- 3 tablespoon pickled jalapeños
- ½ cup queso fresco
- 3 tablespoon cilantro roughly chopped
- kosher salt
- Hot sauce for serving
- Preheat your oven to 350.
- First, prepare the chicken. In a wide, shallow pan, add the chipotle peppers in adobo and the honey and stir. Bring to a simmer over medium heat then add the chicken. Toss to coat then continue cooking until sauce is absorbed and the chicken is hot; about 5 minutes. Set aside
- Once the oven is preheated, place tostadas on a baking sheet or directionly on the middle oven rack and bake for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add 2 mashed avocados, the juice from 1 lime and a pinch of kosher to a bowl. Stir it up and set aside.
- Once the tostadas are hot, spread the simple guacamole evenly over each of the tostada shells.
- Then equally top with the honey chipotle shredded chicken, roasted corn, pink pickled red onions, pickled jalapenos, queso fresco and cilantro. Add more of certain toppings depending on how you like it to taste!
- Finish with a few dashes of hot sauce and salt if needed and serve immediately.