These easy Mediterranean Chicken Meatballs are the best chicken meatballs I've ever made! With just a few simple ingredients, they come out super flavorful, moist, and absolutely perfect in just 30 minutes! Whether you serve them on a salad, over rice, in a pita or as an appetizer, you will love them!
These easy mediterranean chicken meatballs are loaded with feta cheese, sun dried tomatoes and herbs!
Unlike most chicken meatballs, the texture and moisture on these is spot-on!
I love to serve them over a bed of feta rice, wrapped up in a pita with tzatziki or even topped on a salad.
They're easy to make and they're beyond quick to assemble and clean up.
These meatballs are also perfect for meal prep if you're into that sort of thing!
So let's get to it!
Ingredients & Substitutions
(scroll to the bottom for the exact measurements & printable recipe card)
- Ground Chicken - You could sub turkey, beef or lamb. If you're doing beef or lamb, I recommend leaving out some of the oil and adding dried mint.
- Panko - You could also use breadcrumbs or even that new pork panko that a lot of Paleo people use.
- Egg - no real substitution here!
- Feta - Feta works best since this is Mediterranean themed, but you could also use parmesan, ricotta or even low moisture mozzarella.
- Red Onions - Shallots or white onions would work, too!
- Sun Dried Tomatoes - If you don't like sun dried tomatoes, you could leave this out or substitute it for pesto as long as you don't add the oil.
- Olive Oil - You could also swap it for avocado oil but I recommend olive oil which is Mediterranean AF.
- Dried Dill - Dried dill works best but if you're using fresh, use 1 tbsp.
- Dried Oregano - You could also use fresh oregano if you had it! I haven't swapped it but I would probably keep the amount the same.
- Garlic Powder - If you don't have garlic powder, you could use garlic paste. If you're using minced garlic, be sure to mince it SUPER fine so that it's not overwhelming.
- Fresh Mint - this is for garnish so it is not a must! You could also use parsley if you're into that!
How to make Mediterranean Chicken Meatballs
Making these delicious Mediterranean Chicken Meatballs is a total breeze!
To begin, start by preheating your oven to 400F degrees.
While it's heating up, get out a large bowl to mix your meat in.
Now add all the ingredients to the bowl and mix.
The olive oil will make the balls perfectly moist. Sorry about the word. I know peeps have a major aversion... But that's how it must be described!
I like to use my hands to mix so that I can make sure that all the ingredients are spread out throughout the meat. I find that if I use a fork, I can't really feel it.
Then you'll want to grab a baking sheet and line it with a parchment paper. If you don't have parchment paper, you could just set them right on the pan but I find that it helps with sticking.
Now grab a small golf ball sized piece of meat and use your hands to roll it into a perfect circle. You should get about 15 meatballs
Line up the meatballs on the baking sheet and space them equally apart. I like to do 5 lines of 3.
Bake for 25 minutes or until they're cooked through.
Remove from them from the oven and let them rest for a few minutes before serving.
I also like to sprinkle them with fresh mint before serving.
How long do they last in the fridge?
These are best if eaten with 3-4 days.
How to reheat meatballs?
Either microwave for 30 seconds to a minute (depending on how many you're reheating.
Or wrap the balls in tinfoil and bake them at 375 for 10 minutes or until heated through.
What to pair them with
You could even add them to this curried coconut cauliflower soup!
Save this Recipe for later
If you'd like to save these Mediterranean Chicken Meatballs for later, I got you!
You know love it when you save my recipes on Pinterest and share it with your followers! It's the best!
And if you don’t already, feel free to follow me on pinterest for more cheesy goodness like this!
Mediterranean Chicken Meatballs
- 1 pound ground chicken
- ½ cup panko
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup feta crumbled
- ¼ cup red onions finely diced
- ¼ cup sun dried tomatoes finely diced
- ¼ tsp dried dill
- ¼ tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp *optional fresh mint* for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400F degrees.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix with your hands until ingredients are thoroughly mixed.
- Roll the seasoned meat into 15 small golfball sized meatballs and place on a parchment lined baking sheet. I recommend doing 5 rows of 3.
- Bake the meatballs at 400F degrees for 25-30 minutes or until cooked through.
- Let rest for 2 minutes before sprinkling with optional mint for garnish.