These Chicken Bacon Ranch Quesadillas are SO GOOD and taste just like the one’s from Chili’s but better! Chopped rotisserie chicken and sharp cheddar cheese get melted together with crispy bacon, fresh scallions, and creamy ranch dressing. The outside is grilled until crisp and toasty and the inside is oozing with cheesy goodness! You’re going to love this easy lunch or appetizer recipe!
If you grew up in the late 90s early 20s, you probably loved getting down on Chili’s famous Chicken Bacon Ranch Quesadillas.
They were one of the go-to appetizers of my childhood!
The outside was always super crispy and the inside was loaded with flavorful chunks of chicken, crispy bacon bits, melted cheese.
Needless to say, they were addicting.
And although I haven’t been to a chilis in quite some time, I still randomly crave these flavors.
Luckily, they’re beyond easy to make – especially if you’ve got some leftover chicken (rotisserie or otherwise) and store bought ranch dressing.
Ingredients you’ll need
- large flour tortillas
- shredded sharp cheddar cheese (you could also use pepper jack or another easy meltable cheese)
- rotisserie chicken (or another form of cooked chicken)
- crispy bacon
- bottled ranch dressing
- olive oil
How to make Chicken Bacon Ranch Quesadillas
Making these chicken bacon ranch quesadillas is easy peasy!
I recommend using chopped rotisserie chicken because it’s super moist, flavorful and easy to prep.
If you don’t have rotisserie chicken, it’s all good – any cooked chicken will work as long as it’s chopped up.
Once you have everything out, it’s time to build the quesadillas.
Begin by placing one tortilla on your cutting board.
Add half a cup of cheddar and evenly distribute it over the tortilla.
Next, add chopped chicken, crumbled crispy bacon, diced scallions.
After the ingredients are piled on, make sure that everything is evenly distributed so you get the perfect bits of goodness in every bite.
Then drizzle with ranch dressing. Totally not getting paid to say this but I love how easy the new hidden valley ranch SIMPLY drizzler bottles are because it makes distributing the ranch a breeze.
Now add another half cup of cheddar and place another tortilla on top.
Heat a large fry pan over medium heat and add 1 tbsp of olive oil. Place the quesadilla on top and grill until it’s golden brown and the cheese has begun to melt.
Carefully flip the quesadilla and cook until the other side is crispy and golden and all the cheese has melted.
Now that it’s done cooking, remove it from the heat and sprinkle it with salt while it’s still hot.
After a minute, cut it in to pieces and serve.
I like using this super sharp Nakano knife to get the perfect cut. They’re a Japanese knife company that I’ve been really into lately and I know you’ll love them! I actually just got my mom, brother and aunt one and they’re all obsessed too! The knife itself it super super sharp and the handle is so sleek and light. It’s def my favorite knife rn!
Repeat the process for the remaining ingredients and then serve with more ranch, salsa, and pickled jalapeños.
What to pair the quesadilla with
When it comes to cocktails, and you want to keep it like Chili’s but better – try this smoky mezcal margarita, or creamy blended avocado margarita!
And if you’d like to save this recipe for later, pin it below!
Chicken Bacon Ranch Quesadillas
- 4 large flour tortillas
- 1.5 cups shredded cheddar
- 1 cup chopped rotisserie chicken or any precooked boneless chicken
- 6 pieces of crispy bacon cooked
- 2 scallions finely diced
- 4 tbsp ranch plus more for serving
- 2 tbsp oil or butter such as olive oil or vegetable oil
- Place 1 tortilla on the cutting board and add a half cup of shredded cheddar. Top with half of the chicken, half of the bacon bacon, half of the scallion and a drizzle (about 2 tbsp) of ranch dressing. Add another half cup of cheddar then place another tortilla on top.
- In a large fry pan, turn the heat to medium and add oil. Swirl the oil around to coat the pan and add the quesadilla.
- Cook for 2-5 minutes on one side until crispy and golden and the cheese has started to melt. Carefully flip the quesadilla and cook for another 2-3 minutes or until all the cheese has melted and the tortilla is crispy and golden.
- Remove from heat and sprinkle with a little bit of salt while it’s still hot.
- Repeat the process for the remaining ingredients.
- Serve with more ranch, salsa, and pickled jalapenos if desired.