This creamy tomato baked boursin cheese pasta recipe is inspired by the famous tiktok video that went viral on social media. Instead of feta, we’re swapping it for boursin’s garlic and herb cheese.
What is baked boursin cheese pasta?
Imagine the creamiest, dreamiest pasta dish kissed with the herby allure of Boursin cheese.
Fresh cherry tomatoes are cooked down until melty and sweet which compliments the salty cheese perfectly.
This dish is like that cozy blanket you wrap around yourself on a chilly evening, but uhhh... for your taste buds!
Each bite is a harmonious medley of rich cheese, melty cherry tomatoes, comforting carby pasta, and the subtle undertones of garlic and herbs.
It's perfect for when you're in the mood for indulgence with a sophisticated twist.
Ingredients and Substitutions
- Grape or Cherry Tomatoes - If you don't like tomatoes, you can check out my collection of baked feta pasta recipes in the "what goes with" section! I also have a broccoli rendition here!
- Boursin’s Garlic and Herb Cheese - You can use any flavor boursin cheese you like.
- Olive Oil - Any neutral oil will work.
- Red Pepper Flakes - This is optional but adds the perfect depth to the dish.
- Pasta - You can use any pasta shape you like. The little sun-shaped variety that I'm using is called Cappellacci and I found it at Home Goods. Lol.
- Basil - Since Boursin has a ton of herbs and spices in it, you really don't have to add basil but I thin it adds the perfect punch of freshness.
How to make it
Making boursin cheese baked pasta is super easy! Even easier than the original baked feta pasta recipe!
First, you'll want to preheat your oven to 400F degrees.
Then in a small baking dish, combine tomatoes, a hefty pinch of kosher salt and olive oil.
Toss it together then place a piece of boursin's garlic and herb cheese in the middle and add another drizzle of olive oil on top followed by the red pepper flakes.
Bake for 1 hour - making sure to start the pasta about 20 minutes before the timer goes off.
Cook the pasta al dente and be sure to reserve about ½ cup of the pasta water if you need to loosen up the sauce later on.
When the timer goes off, remove the baking dish from the heat and stir the tomatoes and cheese together until creamy.
Add the al dente pasta and basil and toss everything together.
Season with salt and pepper if needed.
- If the tomatoes are too acidic, I recommend adding a drizzle of balsamic glaze or honey to balance it out.
- If the sauce is too thick, add ¼ cup of pasta water and stir it in until smooth and silky.
What goes with Boursin Garlic and Herb Cheese Pasta?
For more tiktok pasta inspired recipes, check these out!
- Original Baked Feta Tiktok Pasta
- Spaghetti Squash Baked Feta Pasta
- Baked Feta Pasta with Butternut Squash, Hot Honey & Sage
- Springtime Baked Goat Cheese Pasta with Asparagus, Peas & Herbs
- Baked Queso Mac and Cheese
- Baked Blue Cheese Pasta with Bacon, Spinach & Tomatoes
- Garlic Confit Baked Feta Pasta
- Buffalo Chicken Pasta Bake
For dessert, I suggest my easy Brown Butter Pumpkin Spice Cheerio Treats!
Frequently asked question
How long does Boursin last once opened?
Once you crack open that creamy Boursin, you've got about a week to indulge in its dreamy goodness before it waves goodbye. So, grab those crackers and make every bite count!
What kind of cheese is Boursin garlic and herb?
Boursin garlic and herb is Gourmet Cheese that is creamy, dreamy soft cheese bursting with savory garlic and fragrant herbs, just waiting to elevate your next grilled cheese to gourmet status. It's like a fancy French rendezvous in your mouth!
What do you eat with Boursin cheese?
Toss that creamy Boursin onto a crusty baguette with some sun-dried tomatoes and arugula, or melt it into a creamy pasta or grill it up in a panini with prosciutto for a gourmet bite that'll have your taste buds dancing!
Save this recipe for later
If you don't want to forget about this recipe, there are a few things you can do!
- You can tap that little heart icon over to the right...
- Or you can pin any image on this page or use the pretty ones I made below specifically for your pasta pinterest boards.
And if pinterest isn't really your thing, you can always scroll down to the bottom of this post and print the printable recipe card.
Baked Boursin Cheese Pasta Recipe with Creamy Tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 400F degrees.
- In a small baking dish, toss together tomatoes, a hefty pinch of kosher salt, and olive oil.
- Place boursin in the middle and add another drizzle of olive oil on top followed by the red pepper flakes.
- Bake for 1 hour - making sure to start the pasta about 20 minutes before the timer goes off - cook the pasta al dente while reserving about ½ cup of the pasta water in case you need to loosen up the sauce later on.
- When the timer goes off, remove the baking dish from the heat and stir the tomatoes and cheese together.
- Add the al dente pasta and basil and toss everything together.
- Season with salt and pepper if needed and serve immediately.