Get ready to fall in love with this creamy and delicious Baked Feta Spaghetti Squash! With its unique twist on the viral TikTok sensation, this dish is sure to impress even the pickiest eaters.
What is Feta Spaghetti Squash?
Feta Spaghetti Squash is a dish that was inspired by my viral tiktok pasta recipe.
It combines roasted spaghetti squash with a savory and creamy sauce made from baked feta cheese, tomatoes, garlic, and herbs.
It's a low-carb, gluten-free alternative to traditional pasta dishes that's both delicious and healthy. The spaghetti squash strands are a perfect vehicle for the rich and tangy feta cheese sauce, making this a satisfying and flavorful meal.
Ingredients and Substitution
- Spaghetti Squash - this is the main star of the dish but if you'd rather have regular pasta, you can try my original baked feta pasta recipe that took over the internet.
- Feta - this is the cheese that's best but you could also use goat cheese or Boursin.
- Garlic - Fresh garlic is best but you could use shallots if you had those.
- Cherry Tomatoes - grape tomatoes also work. regular beef steak tomatoes are a little watery but can work if that's all you have.
- Basil - fresh basil is my fav but you could use rosemary, oregano or thyme.
- Balsamic glaze - you can make your own but i like to use the storebought one. It adds a little bit of sweetness to balance out the salty feta and not so great winter tomatoes.
- Olive oil - avocado oil also works.
- Kosher salt - Kosher is best for cooking but you could use another kind if you prefer.
How to make Feta Spaghetti Squash
Preheat oven to 400F degrees.
Carefully split a spaghetti squash in half and remove the seeds.
Place each half on a tinfoil lined baking sheet and place half of the feta inside each one.
️Drizzle the spaghetti squash with olive oil and salt.
Then evenly top each half with garlic, tomatoes, olive oil and another pinch of salt.
️Bake for an hour to an hour and 15 until or until the squash is tender and cheese is melted.
Stir it all together and top with basil and a drizzle of balsamic.
️Best if enjoyed right away!
What to make with Baked Feta Spaghetti Squash
If I were making this Spaghetti Squash Baked Feta Pasta for dinner, I would start with this Florida Cobb Salad.
For Dessert you can make my Viral TikTok Cinnamon Buns
Save this recipe for later
Want to save this Spaghetti Squash Baked Feta Pasta recipe for another time? I got you!
You can pin any image on this page or use the pretty ones I made below specifically for your dinner pinterest boards.
And if pinterest isn't really your thing, you can always scroll down to the bottom of this post and print the printable recipe card.
Feta Spaghetti Squash
- Preheat oven to 400F degrees.
- Place split, seeded squash on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil and salt. Break the feta in half and place it in the middle of each squash. Evenly top with garlic, tomatoes, olive oil and another pinch of salt.
- Bake for an hour/hour 15 until squash is tender and cheese is melted. Stir it all together and top with basil and a drizzle of balsamic. Best if enjoyed right away!