This viral tiktok cinnamon rolls hack uses heavy cream to make the buns light, fluffy and moist. They taste JUST like cinna-bun especially if you use the ones by Pillsbury. Once you try this hack, you will never make them any other way ever again!
What is the viral tiktok cinnamon roll hack?
This viral tiktok cinnamon roll hack uses heavy cream and store bought cinnamon rolls to create the lightest, fluffiest and moistest cinnamon rolls ever.
They are very similar to Cinnabun and they taste amazing!
Where did this trend originate?
Although after deep diving to try and see where @mantha got it from (as she says "tiktok made me do it) I'm still unsure!
If I find out who the original poster was, I'll definitely update this post!
Ingredients & Substitutions
- Store Bought Cinnamon Rolls - Since I wanted these to be as close to Cinnabun as possible, I recommend using PIllsbury Cinna-bun Rolls. You could absolutely use any other brand, just make sure to adjust the baking times with what the package says.
- Heavy Cream - This is the secret ingredient! I wouldn't try to use anything else.
- Nonstick Spray - If you don't have heavy cream, you could melt some butter and smear that into the baking dish to help the rolls not stick.
How to make them
Like any viral hack, this cinnamon roll recipe is super easy!
Basically preheat your oven and spray a large baking dish with nonstick spray or melted butter.
Add the cinnamon rolls - making sure that they're spaced equally apart with room for them to expand.
Pour the heavy cream over the top of the cinnamon rolls and place them in the oven.
Bake for 27-30 minutes - or however long the store bought cinnamon buns you're using says.
Once the buns are cooked through, they'll be light, fluffy and moist.
Top with the icing and serve immediately.
What goes with Cinnamon Rolls
Since cinnamon rolls are traditionally served as a breakfast food, I recommend serving them with my air fryer breakfast potatoes, this avocado bagel, or even my fav baked egg dish - huevos con chorizo.
If you want another awesome cinnamon bun hack, try my cinnamon roll monkey bread!!
Save this recipe for later
Want to save the recipe for these insanely delicious viral tiktok cinnamon rolls for another time? I thought so!
You can pin any image on this page or use the pretty ones I made below specifically for your Fall pinterest boards.
And if pinterest isn't really your thing, you can always scroll down to the bottom of this post and print the printable recipe card.
Viral Tiktok Cinnamon Rolls with Heavy Cream
- 2 tubes store bought cinnamon rolls (I'm using Pillsbury)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- baking spray
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Spray large baking dish with nonstick baking spray and place cinnamon rolls in.
- Pour the heavy cream over the top of the cinnamon rolls and place in the oven for 25-30 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add icing on top.
- Serve immediately.
If you're only making one package of cinnamon rolls, use ½ cup heavy cream.