These Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes with Blue Cheese Bacon Compound Butter will be your new favorite side dish! Best of all, we're using Grown in Idaho's new Frozen Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes so not only is this dish super delicious but it's also super quick and easy to make!
This post is sponsored by Grown In Idaho Potatoes.
Fun fact: As a kid, I didn't eat meat.
So you know what my mom packed me for lunch every single day?
A thermos filled with fresh hot buttery mashed potatoes!
Weird, I know... but so so SO delicious!
You'd think after all those years that I'd be sick and tired of mashed potatoes, but that couldn't be further from the truth!
I crave mashed potatoes just as much these days as I did when I was a kid.
And I'm so excited that Grown in Idaho released these new frozen mashed potatoes!
Not only are they quick and easy to make with practically no cleanup... but they come in individual medallions, making it easy to perfectly portion out a serving or two depending on how much we want to eat.
So there's no waste either -- which I love!
And because they're so convenient, that means you have more time to make things more interesting!
Which is why I'm pairing them with some delicious blue cheese bacon compound butter!
It's the perfect easy upgrade to make these Grown in Idaho Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes even more delicious!
If you want to find this new family favorite in a grocery store near you, click here!
Ingredients & Substitutions
- Salted Butter - If you don't have salted butter, you could use unsalted butter with a pinch of kosher salt.
- Blue Cheese - Not a blue cheese fan? You could totally leave out the blue cheese or swap it for another funky cheese like gorgonzola or even feta.
- Bacon - No bacon? No problem. If you're a vegetarian, you could totally leave out the bacon. It'll still be just as delicious!
- Scallions - Chives or finely chopped parsley would also work just fine!
- Grown In Idaho's new Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes - If you don't have these mashed potatoes, you could also just use your favorite recipe or another one of Grown in Idaho's mashed potato products.
How to make the blue cheese bacon compound butter
Making the blue cheese bacon compound butter for these mashed potatoes is super easy!
First, allow one stick of salted butter to come to room temp and soften.
Then add in blue cheese, bacon and scallions and stir until everything is combined.
Next, grab a piece of parchment paper, wax paper, or plastic wrap and set it down on your countertop.
Place the mixed butter in the middle and pull the wrapper up over the butter.
Using your fingers, roll the paper down until it's tight against the butter.
Use the palms of your hands to shape the butter into a log all while keeping the wrapper tight around it.
Twist the ends of the wrapping paper so that it looks like a tootsie roll wrapper.
Place the butter in the fridge or freezer until hardened.
How to make the Grown in Idaho Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Making Grown in Idaho's new frozen mashed potatoes is super quick and easy! You'll love it!
To begin, you can either make them on the stovetop or in the microwave!
Since I'll be making the entire bag on the stove top, I'll start by getting a large pan out.
Next, pour the new frozen potato medallions into the pan and add ½ cup water.
Turn the heat to medium and cook, stirring often, for 9-11 minutes or until the mashed potatoes are smooth and creamy and warm.
Plate the mashed potatoes and top with a slice of the blue cheese bacon compound butter.
What to pair with this recipe
The first thing that I would pair with this roasted garlic and blue cheese bacon compound butter recipe is a nice big perfectly seared fillet mignon.
Save this recipe for later
Not making this recipe today but don't want to forget about it? I got you!
You can either scroll down to the bottom of this post and print the recipe card or you could hover your mouse over any of the images on this page (I recommend the pretty ones right below this!) and pin it to your pinterest page!
And if you don't already, feel free to follow me on pinterest for tasty inspiration shared daily!
Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes with Blue Cheese Bacon Compound Butter
- 1 stick salted butter room temp
- ¼ cup cooked bacon crumbled
- ¼ cup blue cheese crumbled
- 2 tbsp scallions finely chopped
- 1 24 oz bag Grown in Idaho frozen Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- ½ cup water
- In a small bowl, combine butter, bacon, blue cheese and scallions and stir together.
- Place the compound butter on a sheet of parchment paper, wax paper or plastic wrap.
- Using your fingers and the wrapper, roll the butter into a log shape and twist the sides so that it looks like a tootsie roll.
- Place the compound butter in the fridge or freezer until hardened.
- To make the frozen mashed potatoes medallions, add potatoes and water to a pot and turn the heat to medium.
- Cook for 9-11 minutes, stirring often, until potatoes are hot, soft, creamy and fluffy.
- Plate the potatoes and serve with a slice of compound butter.