This roasted honey garlic cauliflower recipe is the perfect sweet and tangy side dish. Cauliflower florets are oven roasted then tossed in an easy homemade honey garlic sauce. The whole thing takes about 20 minutes to make which is always a win for an easy weeknight vegetable dish.
I know, i know. I posted a cauliflower recipe last week and guess what I'M BACK AT IT AGAIN with no regrets!
This time, I'm recreating a dish that's also typically breaded and fried (or oven fried!) and making it a lil healthier by roasting it as-is!
Once roasted, the cauliflower is coated in a super easy homemade honey garlic sauce that will knock your socks off.
To be honest, you could use the sauce for a lot more than just this dish!
It's a sweet and tangy honey garlic dream that tastes SO GOOD!
It would be the bomb on grilled chicken, on roasted brussel sprouts and even as a glaze for crispy tofu!
And if you make the sauce separately, you can keep it in the fridge for up to a week!
So let's make it, shall we?!
What you need to make it
- olive oil
- soy sauce
- rice wine vinegar (or you could use apple, white wine, or red vinegar)
How to make it
Making this honey garlic cauliflower is super easy! There are only two components to this dish and they can be made simultaneously!
To begin, you'll want to start by roasting the cauliflower. To do so, simply preheat your oven to 450F degrees.
Then chop the cauliflower into florets and toss with olive oil and salt.
Place the florets on a baking sheet and place in the oven for 20 minutes. I like to use a lined baking sheet for easier cleanup.
Meanwhile, it's time to make the honey garlic sauce.
Melt 1 tbsp of salted butter with minced garlic and a pinch of salt in a sauce pan over medium heat.
Let it cook for a few minutes but do not let the garlic burn. Once it begins to soften, it's time to add the honey, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, ketchup, water and a pinch of salt.
Once everything is in the pot, give it a good stir and turn the heat down to medium-low.
Let the sauce simmer and reduce for 5-8 minutes -- Be sure to stir often so the bottom doesn’t burn.
Once it’s thickened up, you can add sriracha if you’d like — but this is optional!
And finally, when the cauliflower is tender and roasted, remove it from the oven and immediately toss it with the honey garlic sauce. Give it a taste and season with salt and pepper if necessary!
Pour the honey garlic cauliflower on a platter and serve!
What to pair it with
Save it for later
I created these pretty pinterest-ready photos for you in case you'd like to save this recipe for later!
To pin it, simply hover over the picture and click the pin button. And if you don't already, please feel free to follow me on pinterest for more tasty inspiration!
Honey Garlic Cauliflower
- Preheat oven to 450F degrees.
- Chop cauliflower into florets then toss with olive oil and salt.
- Place on a baking sheet and roast for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt 1 tbsp butter with garlic and a pinch of salt over medium heat.
- After a minute or two, and before the garlic browns, add honey, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, ketchup, water and a pinch of salt and stir.
- Let the sauce simmer and reduce over medium-low heat for 5-8 minutes, stirring often so the bottom doesn’t burn.
- Once it’s thickened up, you can add sriracha if you’d like — this is optional.
- Then when the cauliflower is done roasting, remove it from the oven and immediately toss it with the honey garlic sauce.
- Season with salt and pepper if necessary.