This decadent no bake salted chocolate peanut butter pie is so delicious and so easy. It’s made in under 20 minutes with cool whip and just a few simple ingredients. After an three hours in the freezer, the results are a decadently rich and delicious pie that you and yours will love!
My husband is totally, completely, and unapologetically obsessed with Reeses. And I mean OBSESSED!
We ALWAYS have them at our house and he eats at least three of them every single night. It’s to the point that it stresses me out because his consumption is so high. Like that can’t be good for him but he still has 6 pack abs and he just can’t stop! hah. MEN!
Because of his love for all things chocolate and peanut butter, I have started to revolve our dessert-life these flavors!
And if you follow me on instagram, you know that my family is very serious about Sunday’s being Family night.
Each week, we create a big feast and eat together.
About two years ago, my mom was going through an old family recipe box and found my Aunt Pearl’s Peanut Butter Pie.
It was a hand written recipe scribbled on a flash card that was stained from years of use.
It came from one of those old timey recipe boxes that is stuffed to the brim with ancient recipes from family members past — which I love!
My mom decided to give it a go and the recipe turned out to be the best no bake pie EVER! Well, besides our family’s No Bake Key Lime Pie but you know what I mean!
Jeremy was instantly obsessed and everyone else followed suit.
You’ve actually probably seen me make this on my stories multiple times but I never put it on the blog… so I figured I needed to change that!
And with Valentine’s Day right around the corner, I wanted to give you this upgraded recipe that is super easy, super delicious, and super pretty!
You and your significant other will love it!!
What you’ll need to make this
**Scroll all the way down to get the printable recipe card!**
- your favorite peanut butter – I either buy Jif or the the Reeses brand of peanut butter when I make this pie… but you could use any of your favorite brands.
- cream cheese – you want it to be a full fat cream cheese that’s at room temp. It makes the consistency so smooth and luscious!
- powdered sugar – not much to say about this one other than that you can add some more if you like a sweeter pie!
- cool whip – sure you can get fancy and make 16 oz of homemade whipped cream, but for the sake of convenience – this is perfect!
- mini chocolate peanut butter cups – I love the tiny ones but you could definitely use the big ones and just chop them up, too! The amount you need is about the same as a 7.6oz bag that you can find at the grocery store.
- store bought oreo pie crust – I recently found the new oreo pie crusts next to the graham cracker ones (which will also work just fine!) and oh lord this is such a game changer!
- caramel sauce – I buy this one from the grocery store alll the time. It’s what i use in my Salted Caramel Churro French Toast!
- chocolate syrup – this is another one you can definitely make yourself but I don’t have time for it and this one works perfectly!
- flaky salt for garnish – flaky Maldon salt all the way! Not only is the texture perfect but it looks amazing, too!
How to make this
Making this no bake salted chocolate peanut butter pie is a total breeze!
To begin, add your peanut butter, cream cheese, and powdered sugar to a mixing bowl until whip or stir until light and fluffy.
Next, grab one of your cool whips and fold it into the peanut butter mixture.
Then pour the mixture into the pie shell and smooth it out.
Now top with the remaining tub of cool whip.
Add the chopped mini chocolate peanut butter cups on top, spreading them equally across so that each bite is delicious!
Once it’s built, place the pie in the fridge for at least 3 hours to firm up before eating.
Then enjoy with your loved ones!
Tips, tricks & FAQ
- To get the smoothest texture, make sure that your cream cheese is room temperature and that your powdered sugar is sifted.
- Because the store bought pie crust tray doesn’t have a lot of strength, be sure to build the pie on something sturdy so it’s easy to put in the freezer.
- This pie will last up to a week in the freezer… but I highly doubt it will last that long!
- You can also store it in the fridge if you don’t have room in the freezer but it will not last as long.
- I recommend slicing it while it’s frozen and letting it defrost on a plate for 2-3 minutes to get the perfect flavor.
Want to make this pie even more exciting?!
Try adding in crushed oreos in the top layer of cool whip.
Add a layer of melted chocolate on the base of the pie crust. Just be sure to let it dry before you add the cool whip.
Make it a peanut butter jelly pie by adding a layer of fruit compote between the two layers.
What to pair it with
if you’re making this no bake salted chocolate peanut butter pie for dinner, try pairing it with my husband’s favorite dinner! This cast iron meatloaf with some white cheddar mac and cheese and some air fryer asparagus!
Save it for later
If you love pinterest as much as me, then you already know what to do!
But if not, just make sure you’re logged into Pinterest, then hover over any image and click “pin it!”. Add the image to whatever board you like and it’ll be saved there forever!
It’s my favorite way to make sure I don’t forget something with I’m browsing recipes!
And if you don’t already, follow me on pinterest for daily inspiration!!
No Bake Salted Peanut Butter Pie
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 8 oz package cream cheese room temperature
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 8 oz tubs cool whip defrosted
- 1 cup mini chocolate peanut butter cups chopped
- 1 store bought chocolate oreo pie crust or graham cracker!
- 2 tbsp salted caramel
- 2 tbsp chocolate syrup
- flaky salt for garnish
- Whip together peanut butter, cream cheese, and powdered sugar until light and fluffy.
- Fold in one tub of cool whip then pour the mixture into the pie shell.
- Top with the remaining tub of cool whip - giving it height in the middle for style.
- Add the chopped mini chocolate peanut butter cups on top.
- Finish with a drizzle of caramel and chocolate and a sprinkle of flaky salt
- Place in the freezer for at least 3 hours to firm up before eating.
- Slice and serve while frozen and enjoy!