This turkey croissant sandwich is one of the most perfect sandwich recipes out there. It’s loaded with classic ingredients like turkey, bacon, lettuce, tomato, onion and honey mustard while also adding a layer of honey mustard potato chips for extra deliciousness.
What is Perfect Turkey Croissant Sandwich
Let me tell you about this mouthwatering masterpiece that we call the Perfect Turkey Croissant Sandwich!
Imagine biting into a flaky, buttery croissant that cradles layer upon delectable layer of juicy turkey, crispy bacon, and garden-fresh lettuce and tomato.
But wait, there's more! The crunch of thinly-sliced onion adds a zesty zing, while a generous slathering of my 3 ingredient honey mustard creates a symphony of sweet and tangy.
Now, here's the twist that elevates this sandwich to celestial heights: a handful of honey mustard potato chips, tucked right in there for that extra crunch and flavor explosion!
This isn't just a sandwich, darling, it's a flavor-packed journey through the culinary cosmos, and it's calling your name.
So go ahead, take that first bite and get ready for your taste buds to thank you!
Ingredients and Substitutions
- Croissant - If you don't have a croissant, you can use any type of bread you'd like! I recommend something that's light and fluffy.
- Honey Turkey - If you don't like turkey, you could also use ham, chicken or even fried tempeh.
- Bacon - Bacon adds so much delicious smokey crunchy goodness but you could leave it off if you aren't a fan.
- Tomato - If you don't like or don't have tomatoes, try a layer of roasted red peppers.
- Butter Lettuce Leaves - Any lettuce will work although I prefer butter lettuce since it's tender and crispy.
- Red Onion - White, yellow, or even sweet onion will
- Honey Mustard - If you want to make your own honey mustard, I highly recommend making my easy 3 ingredient honey mustard.
- Honey Mustard Kettle Chips - These add so much flavor but you could definitely use another type of chip if you prefer.
How to make it
Making this gorgeous turkey croissant sandwich is super easy and takes minute to throw together.
To begin, cut the croissant in half and smear the inside with my favorite 3 honey mustard.
Next, add the cheese, then crumple the turkey and place it on top.
Then it's time for the bacon, salted tomato, a few slices of onion, lettuce and honey mustard potato chips.
Add the top piece of the croissant back on top then close the sandwich and serve immediately.
If enjoying later on, just wrap it up and keep it refrigerated until you're ready to enjoy it.
What goes with Perfect Turkey Croissant Sandwich
Frequently asked questions
Should you toast a croissant for a sandwich?
If you're pondering whether to toast that flaky, buttery croissant for your sandwich masterpiece, the answer is a resounding "Yes!" It's not required for this recipe but toasting it not only elevates the croissant's inherent buttery notes but also provides that oh-so-satisfying crunch.
How do you keep croissant sandwiches fresh?
If you're trying to keep your croissant tasting like it's fresh out of a Parisian bakery, listen up! Wrap those bad boys in some parchment paper followed by a layer of plastic wrap, and then stash them in an airtight container or zip-top bag in the fridge.
What is good to put on a croissant?
Croissants are so versatile! You can try some of these combos:
- fig jam and brie
- avocado, poached egg, and everything-bagel seasoning
- nutella, banana, and strawberry
- chicken salad, pickled jalapenos and tomato
- ham, comte, fig jam honey mustard
- cheesy scrambled eggs, sauce and spicy mayo
- turkey, boursin cheese and peppadews
- roasted red peppers, mozzarella, basil
- mascarpone cheese, blueberry jam, lemon zest and basil
- prosciutto, mozzarella, arugula and fig jam
Save this recipe for later
If you don't want to forget about this recipe, there are a few things you can do!
- You can tap that little heart icon over to the right...
- Or you can pin any image on this page and save it specifically for your sandwich pinterest boards.
And if pinterest isn't really your thing, you can always scroll down to the bottom of this post and print the printable recipe card.
Perfect Turkey Croissant Sandwich
- 1 large Croissant
- 2 slices Gouda Cheese
- 4 slices Honey Turkey
- 4 slices Crispy Bacon
- 2 slices Tomato salted
- 2 leaves Butter Lettuce
- 1 slice Red Onion
- 2 tablespoon 3 ingredient Honey Mustard
- 1 handful Honey Mustard Kettle Chips
- Cut the croissant in half and smear the insides with honey mustard.
- Add a layer of cheese then crumple the turkey slices and place them on top. Now add bacon, salted tomato, onion, lettuce and a handful of honey mustard potato chips.
- Close the sandwich and serve immediately. Or wrap up and keep refrigerated for later.