This hummus bagel sandwich is loaded with sliced turkey and fresh veggies! It's a quick and delicious lunchtime dish that's super easy to make and packed full of flavor. This recipe is totally customizable so feel free to use your favorite ingredients or whatever you have on hand!
Back when I went to FSU, my dorm was a 10 minute walk from Einstein Bagels.
When I was hungover, it was my place of refuge.
I'd walk my sad little self over around noon and would order their loaded turkey sandwich bagel.
It was filling, satisfying and it cured a hangover pretty instantly!
These days, I'm not much of a drinker but I do still love a good bagel sandwich.
Especially one like this that's loaded with hummus, smoked turkey and whatever fresh veggies I have on hand!
So let's get to it!
Ingredients & Substitutions
**Scroll all the way to the bottom for the exact measurements and the printable recipe card**
- Everything Seed Bagel - Use any bagel you'd like!
- Everything Seed Hummus - You can use any hummus you'd like! I love the Boarshead Everything hummus!
- Smoked Turkey Breast - If you are vegetarian, you could leave this out or swap it for another deli meat.
- Cucumber, Red Onion, Tomato ,Banana Peppers & Sprouts - Free to use any veggie you'd like!
- White Balsamic Glaze - I think white balsamic glaze adds the perfect acidic sweetness to balance out the dish but you could also use a squeeze of lemon, oil and vinegar, or regular balsamic vinegar!
How to make this Hummus Bagel Sandwich
THe first thing that you'll want to do to make this hummus bagel sandwich is to lightly toast your bagel.
If you toast it for too long, the sandwich will become really hard to eat since it's so big!
You could also hollow out the bagel (if you have the energy )which will help the ingredients stay in place!
Once it's toasted, schmear the bagel with a thick layer of hummus.
After that add the cucumbers, turkey, onion, banana peppers, and salted tomato.
Then add the sprouts and a drizzle of white balsamic glaze.
Smear the top half of the bagel with more hummus and close it up!
Eat immediately or put it in the fridge!
This bagel is a THICC sandwich so I recommend slicing it in half and eating once half and saving the other for a few hours later!
What other flavor combos should I try?
Here are some of my favorite combos!
- Chipotle Hummus, Turkey, Bacon, Avocado, Tomato & Onion
- Olive Hummus, Salami, Feta, Sun Dried Tomatoes & Parsley
- Sweet Chili Hummus, Sliced Chicken, Cucumber, Avocado, Red Onion & Cilantro
- Black Bean Hummus, Spicy Turkey Breast, Pickled Red Onion, Avocado & Salsa
- Spinach & Artichoke Hummus, Fresh Spinach, Marinated Artichokes, Sharp Cheddar & Red Onion
What to pair it with
Save this Hummus Bagel Recipe for later
If you love pinterest just as much as me, then you will love these pretty little pinterest images for this Hummus Bagel Recipe that I made just for you!
But if you don't use it yet - I highly recommend you try it out!
You can either follow me on pinterest for tasty daily inspiration or you could hover over any of these images and click the "pin it" or "save" button then save it to whatever board it fits!
How to Video:
Hummus Bagel Sandwich with Turkey & Veggies
- 1 everything seed bagel
- 3 tbsp everything seed hummus divided
- 5-6 slices cucumber
- 4-5 slices smoked turkey breast
- 1 thin slice red onion
- 2 tbsp banana peppers
- 3 slices tomato salted
- 3 tbsp sprouts
- 1 tbsp white balsamic reduction
- Cut your bagel in half and lightly toast it.
- Smear the hummus onto the interior sides of both bagel halves.
- Top the bottom half with cucumber, turkey breast, red onion, banana peppers, salted tomato and sprouts.
- Drizzle the sprouts with white balsamic reduction then put the remaining half of the bagel on top.
- Enjoy immediately or keep it in the refrigerator.