This Strawberry Stuffed French Toast will blow your mind! Sweet and tangy strawberry cream cheese is smeared between thick cut white bread then dipped in vanilla egg wash and baked until golden brown. On top, fresh tart strawberries, powdered sugar, and sweet strawberry ice cream add another layer of summer-time goodness. It’s the perfect dessert for breakfast kind of recipe!
With Mother's Day fast approaching, I wanted to share a sweet and delicious recipe to make at home.
This triple strawberry stuffed french toast casserole is legit perfection.
Sweet and tart fresh strawberries, creamy strawberry ice cream, and tangy strawberry cream cheese all shine in this dessert-for-breakfast recipe.
And since most of the restaurants are closed for take-out only these days, why not make a restaurant-worthy dish right at home?
This recipe can be prepped a day ahead of time but you'll definitely want to bake it right before you're about to eat!
And if you don't eat strawberries or can't get fresh ones right now, I've also got other flavor-combination recommendations below!
**BTW, this post was shared from a sponsored instagram post with Tillamook**
So let's get started!
- thick cut white bread
- strawberry cream cheese (I used Tillamook Seriously Strawberry Farm Style Cream Cheese!)
- whole milk
- ground cinnamon
- vanilla extract
- kosher salt
- fresh strawberries
- strawberry Ice Cream, (Tillamook Oregon Strawberry!)
- powdered sugar and maple syrup for serving
How to make Strawberry Stuffed French Toast Casserole
The first thing you'll want to do is make this strawberry stuffed french toast casserole is to preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
Next, it's time to make the strawberry stuffed french toast!
Evenly spread the Strawberry Cream Cheese over 5 slices of bread. Place the remaining slices of bread on top of the cream cheese topped ones so that you create 5 sandwiches. Now cut the sandwiches in half, down the middle, and set aside.
Next, you'll want to make the vanilla egg wash. Grab a shallow dish, and whisk together eggs, milk, sugar, cinnamon, vanilla and salt. Once it's combined, set it aside.
Now dunk each half of sandwich in the egg mixture and place it on a greased baking dish — creating a shingle-like effect as pictured.
Once all the sandwiches have been dunked and arranged, add some butter slices on top of the casserole. Now place it in the oven for 40 minutes, turning halfway, so that the casserole browns evenly.
Once it’s golden brown all over, remove it from the oven and top with fresh chopped strawberries, powdered sugar and a few scoops of Tillamook Strawberry Ice Cream.
Serve immediately and pat yourself on the back!!
Other fruits and berries to try it with
If you'd like to try this recipe with another flavor! I've got some great recommendations for summer flavors.
You could try it with pineapple cream cheese and top it with vanilla ice cream and maraschino cherries.
Or you could do blueberry cream cheese and top it with assorted berries with cheesecake ice cream!
If you want to get more fall-themed, you could even try it with cinnamon raisin cream cheese, pumpkin ice cream and sauteed apples on top!
What to pair it with
Want to save it for later?
If you're saving this for a later date, please feel free to use one of these pretty pinterest images below!
And if you don't follow me on pinterest already, I would totally appreciate it! I share everything from tasty recipe inspiration to home, design, DIY and family projects!
Strawberry Cream Cheese Stuffed French Toast topped with Strawberry Ice Cream
- 10 slices thick cut white bread
- 1 7 oz tub strawberry cream cheese such as Tillamook
- 8 large eggs
- 2 cups whole milk
- ⅔ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ tablespoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter thinly sliced such as TIllamook
- 1 cup fresh strawberries chopped
- 4 scoops Strawberry Ice Cream such as Tillamook
- * powdered sugar and maple syrup for serving
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Evenly spread the Tillamook Strawberry Cream Cheese over 5 slices of bread. Place the remaining slices of bread on top of the cream cheese topped ones so that you create 5 sandwiches. Cut sandwiches in half and set aside.
- In a shallow dish, whisk together eggs, milk, sugar, cinnamon, vanilla and salt and set aside.
- Dunk each half of sandwich in the egg mixture and place it on a greased baking dish — creating a shingle-like effect.
- Add butter slices on top and then place in the oven for 40 minutes, turning halfway.
- Once it’s golden brown, remove from the oven and top with chopped strawberries, powdered sugar and a few scoops of Tillamook Strawberry Ice Cream.
- Serve immediately.