No offense to the other corn dip recipes out there, but this version is the best! Canned corn, cheddar cheese, sour cream, pickled jalapeños and canned chiles get whipped up with a packet of ranch seasoning. The result is a rich and creamy, slightly spicy, and ultra addictive corn dip that will have everyone begging for more. And best of all – it takes less than 10 minutes to make!
How I developed this recipe
Over the past few weeks, I’ve tested the top recipes on google and have eaten a ton of crack corn dip.
To be quite honest, I always felt like there was something missing!
So this time around, I decided to go with my gut and nix the mayo. I just felt like it didn’t really give anything to the recipe that the sour cream couldn’t.
And once I made it like that, my brain had a lightbulb moment!
What if I mixed a packet of ranch seasoning into my crack corn dip?! I knew I had to do it.
You know what?! That was possibly the best decision I could have made!
I had tried hot sauce, and mustard, and other random things but the ranch packet gave it that extra pop that it needed!
And although I had bought original Ruffles to dip with, they were BOGO at Publix so I grabbed a bag of the “All Dressed Up” Ruffles as well.
To my surprise, this chip dip combo is a match made in heaven and I think everyone needs to try it.
And before I keep blabbing on, I also want to point out how easy this dip is.
The hardest part of this recipe is not eating it all before serving time… but the fact that you can make it in under 5 minutes comes in close second.
It’s for real the perfect easy appetizer for summer cookouts, game day bbqs and well any day that you need some zippy crack corn dip in your life!
How to make it
Making this corn dip is beyond easy. In fact, it’s one of the easiest recipes on my entire blog!
All you need to do is get everything out and grab a big mixing bowl and a large spoon.
- 2 regular cans of southwestern corn (or cans of Mexicorn!)
- 1 small can of hatch green chiles
- a bag of shredded cheddar
- some chopped pickled jalapeños
- one bunch of scallions, finely diced – 1 tbsp reserved
- sour cream
- a packet of ranch seasoning
After that, the hardest part about crack corn dip is opening the cans and draining the corn.
Now that everything is prepped, simply add it to a large bowl and stir everything together.
Place the dip in a serving bowl and top with the remaining scallions.
Pair the dip with chips of your choice and serve!
I recommend pairing this crack corn dip with a bag of Ruffles “All Dressed Up” chips as the flavor pairing might make you cry tears of happiness!
And if you’d like to make it ahead of time, go for it! Just store it in the fridge and give it a good stir ahead of serving time.
And if you’d like to save the recipe for later, pin it below!
Best Ever Corn Dip
- 2 15.25 oz cans Southwestern Corn drained
- 1 4 oz can diced green hatch chiles
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 8 oz bag shredded cheddar
- 1 bunch scallions minced with 1 tbsp reserved
- 1/3 cup pickled jalapeños chopped
- 1 1 oz package ranch seasoning
- Add all of the ingredients (besides the 1 reserved tbsp of scallions) and mix it together.
- Pour into a serving bowl and top with remaining scallions.
- Serve with chips of your choice! I recommend the All Dressed Ruffles because the flavor combo can’t be beat!