This Brie Mac and Cheese recipe makes such a delicious Fall dish! It's loaded with juicy roasted pears, creamy brie cheese sauce, and honey. It's a savory mac and cheese dish that's got just the right amount of sweetness to balance out the earthiness of the brie. It definitely needs to be on your Thanksgiving table!
**This post is sponsored by ALDI -- all opinions and recipes are my own**
Baked Brie Mac and Cheese
This Baked Brie Mac and Cheese is made from tons of my favorite ALDI ingredients!
From the fresh seasonal Bartlett pears, to the creamy brie, the organic milk, the flavorful spices and the pasta –
It's all ALDI!
I love shopping here because the products are super high quality while still being super affordable.
They also have the best seasonal ingredients which makes it the perfect spot to do all of your holiday shopping.
Plus, what’s really great is that you can buy your entire Thanksgiving dinner at ALDI for just $30! That’s right, we’re talking about a traditional Thanksgiving meal, including the Butterball turkey, sides and pumpkin pie, all from ALDI and all for less than $30.*
*Based on the items and quantities included in the American Farm Bureau Federation’s annual Thanksgiving Dinner Cost Survey, for dinner for up to 10 with a 12lb Butterball turkey and additional miscellaneous items (e.g. coffee, butter, flour, sugar, eggs) not included in the survey. Available in-store and online. Tax and online fees not included.
Ingredients and Substitutions
- Bartlett Pears - These pears are seasonal at ALDI and they are so good for baking!! You can use any other variety of pear if you can't find Bartlett though!
- Organic Whole Milk - I'm using Simply Nature Organic Omega-3 Whole Milk. If you don't like whole milk, you could use 2%, half and half or even heavy cream.
- Cinnamon - Stonemill Ground Cinnamon is not only super affordable but it adds so much flavor to this dish!
- Brown Sugar - If you don't have brown sugar, you could use regular white sugar.
- Brie Cheese - Emporium Selection Brie is one of my favorite affordable brie cheeses because it melts perfectly and has mild sweet yet earthy flavor. It's also great for cheese plates!
- Pasta Shells - I'm using Priano Conchigle Pasta which is like a large shell variety. It's one of my favorites for mac and cheese because the noodles hold the cheese sauce and fillings perfectly!
- Parmesan Cheese - I always buy their Emporium Selection Parmesan Italian Cheese Wedge so I grate it fresh as I need it. But you could also definitely use the pre-shredded kind if you had that on hand!
- Honey - Simple Nature Organic Wildflower Honey is what I used in this recipe. But you could use any honey varietal you prefer.
How to make Brie Mac and Cheese
Making Brie Mac and Cheese may seem like a difficult endeavor but by using the baked feta pasta method,
this version is super easy and fool-proof!
To begin, preheat your oven to 400F degrees.
In a baking dish, add your chopped pears, cinnamon, brown sugar, and milk and toss.
Add a sprinkle of salt and bake for 30 minutes.
After the 30 minutes has passed, remove the baking dish from the oven.
Add the cubed brie wheels, another sprinkle of salt and some fresh cracked pepper on top.
Put the baking dish back in the oven and bake for another 15 minutes.
During this time, you'll want to cook your pasta. Priano pasta takes 10-12 minutes until it's al dente so this is
the perfect time to get that started.
Once the pasta is done, strain it and save some pasta water for later on.
After the 15 minutes has passed, remove the baked brie and pears from the oven and give it a stir so that everything is combined.
Add the cooked pasta and most of the parmesan cheese and stir. If the sauce looks a little dry, stir in ¼ cup of pasta water until the sauce is silky and creamy.
Taste it to adjust for salt and pepper.
Before serving, add the remaining parmesan cheese, another fresh cracks of fresh pepper and drizzle the honey on top.
Serve immediately and enjoy!
What to pair with Brie Mac and cheese
This Brie Mac and Cheese is the perfect Thanksgiving side dish.
Save this recipe for later
Want to save this Brie Mac and Cheese recipe for another time? I got you!
You can pin any image on this page or use the pretty ones I made below specifically for your Fall pinterest boards.
And if pinterest isn't really your thing, you can always scroll down to the bottom of this post and print the printable recipe card.
Brie Mac and Cheese with Roasted Pears
- 4 ripe Bartlett pears cubed
- 1 cup Simply Nature Organic Omega-3 Whole Milk
- ¼ teaspoon Stonemill Ground Cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon Simply Nature Brown Sugar
- 2 rounds Emporium Selection Brie cubed
- ½ lb Priano Conchigle Pasta shells
- ½ cup Emporium Selection Parmesan Italian Cheese Wedge divided
- ¼ cup Simple Nature Organic Wildflower Honey
- kosher salt
- fresh cracked pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400F degrees.
- Add cubed pears, milk, cinnamon, and brown sugar to a baking dish and stir. Sprinkle with ¼ teaspoon kosher salt and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add the cubed brie cheese, another hefty sprinkle of salt and some fresh cracked pepper.
- Bake for another 15 minutes or until melted.
- During the last 15 minutes, cook your pasta al dente, and drain. Be sure to save 1 cup of pasta water for later.
- Once the brie is melted, remove the baking dish from the oven and immediately stir everything together until a creamy cheese sauce develops.
- Add the cooked pasta and most of the grated parmesan on top and stir. If the sauce seems dry, stir in ¼ cup of the reserved pasta water until the sauce loosens up and gets silky. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Before serving, add the remaining parmesan and drizzle the honey on top.
- Serve immediately.