These crispy oven fried artichokes with lemony bruschetta dip are the perfect summery appetizer. For this recipe, we're using Delallo's jarred marinated artichoke hearts and their jarred bruschetta so it's quick, easy, and super delicious!
This post is sponsored by Delallo Foods.
Whenever we go to Italy, I always look forward to eating all the crispy fried artichoke hearts.
They're typically served with a lemony aioli that's perfect for dunking.
Unlike the traditional Italian dish, this recipe uses an oven fry method rather than a deep frying method - which makes it healthier and easier!
I learned about this trick from my former boss at Saveur, Helen Rosner, who recently shared her hack for crispy oven fried artichokes on the LA Times.
I, of course, got super inspired to try my spin on it!
The trick is all about using jarred marinated artichokes since they're already flavored and marinating in oil.
That marination period soaks the artichoke hearts full of flavor and allows them to crisp up beautifully in no time at all.
As for the lemony bruschetta dip, well that's all thanks to Delallo's jarred bruschetta which is sooo dang good!
Even Poppy eats it by the spoonful!
And not only is the bruschetta a main component of the dip, but it's also added to the fried artichokes for even more flavor!
You'll love how easy this simple appetizer (or even side dish!) comes together in no time at all.
It seems fancy and time consuming, but it's totally not -- so let's get to it!
Ingredients & Substitutions
- Delallo Marinated Artichoke Hearts - These artichoke hearts are harvested and packed at the peak of flavor in oil and delicious spices. These beloved gems of Mediterranean cuisine are perfect for entertaining and using as gourmet ingredients in a number of kitchen creations like this one!
- Delallo Olive Oil - I love using Delallo's olive oil because it tastes great and you know it's made from the first cold press of olives. This artfully balanced extra virgin olive oil is best enjoyed in its raw form, where its aromatic, bright olive flavorcan shine but it's also just as delicious on roasted vegetables!
- Delallo Bruschetta - We always have their jarred bruschetta on hand to use as a dip or as a main ingredient! It's made in Italy so it's made with real Italian tomatoes, extra virgin olive oil and garlic and sweet basil. It's SO GOOD!
- Mayo - Any mayo brand will work but you could also use avocado mayo or you could make your own aioli!
- Lemon Juice - Fresh lemon juice is best but you could use the store bought kind if you have that on hand!
How to make oven fried artichoke hearts
Making oven fried artichoke hearts are super easy!
First, preheat your oven to 425F degrees.
Meanwhile, drain the excess liquid from two jars of the hearts.
Add the artichoke hearts to a sheet pan and then drizzle with a little more olive oil.
Toss everything together and bake for 20 minutes or until the hearts are golden and crispy.
Once it's done baking, plate the crispy artichoke hearts and top with 2 more tbsp of bruschetta.
Serve with the dipping sauce below and enjoy!
How to make lemony bruschetta dip
Meanwhile, make the lemony bruschetta dip!
In a small bowl, combine Delallo Bruschetta, Mayo and a squeeze of lemon juice.
Stir everything together and set aside.
What to serve it with
I recommend serving these oven roasted artichoke hearts with lemony bruschetta dip as an appetizer!
I would make them with this pesto cavatappi mac and cheese, this bucatini bolognese, or this spicy vodka rigatoni.
If you're looking for more easy appetizer recipes, try these Mediterranean Chicken Meatballs or this Easy Fig Jam Baked Brie.
Save this recipe for later
If you'd like to save this recipe for later, you can print out the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post.
Or you could save one of these pretty images to your pinterest page below!
And if you don't already, follow me for more tasty inspiration shared daily!
Crispy Oven Fried Artichokes
- 2 12 oz jars Delallo Marinated Artichoke Hearts drained
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- ½ cup Mayo
- ¼ cup Delallo Bruschetta plus more for garnish
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- Kosher Salt
- Arrange drained artichokes on a baking sheet and toss with 2 tbsp olive oil.
- Place in the oven and bake at 425F for 20 minutes or until golden and crispy.
- Meanwhile, add ½ cup mayo, ¼ cup bruschetta and 1 tsp lemon juice and a pinch of salt to a bowl.
- Stir together and set aside.
- Once artichokes are done cooking, plate them and top with 2 tbsp of the bruschetta. Serve with the dipping sauce and enjoy.