This Boursin cheese pasta with broccoli might be the easiest, cheesiest pasta recipe I've ever shared! With just a few ingredients, this tasty pasta comes together in about 20 minutes.
Sure, we all know and love the acclaimed baked feta pasta recipe that blew up the internet!
It's one of those easy weeknight staples that comes together without many ingredients or much work.
But it also takes almost an hour to make.... which isn't bad... but I have a recipe can beat that!
With just 20 minutes and a few ingredients, this insanely decadent pasta is on the table in no time!
The finished dish is reminiscent of a herby broccoli fettuccine alfredo.
It's rich, creamy and indulgent! But it's also shockingly easy to make.
I like adding broccoli to it but you could either leave it our or swap it for kale, spinach, asparagus or shaved brussels sprouts.
You can also play around with the boursin flavors.
I love using the garlic and herb variety but you could also try their shallot version or even their basil and chive or the cracked pepper variety.
Ingredients & Substitutions
**scroll down to the bottom for exact measurements & printable recipe card!**
- Boursin Cheese - Although Boursin is the star of this show, you could also swap it out for goat cheese!
- Broccoli - Broccoli is one of those veggies that's perfect for this dish but if you don't like broccoli, you could also do shaved brussels sprouts, asparagus, spinach or kale!
- Onion - I think it adds this nice sweet undertone once the onions are slightly caramelized but you could def leave it out if you don't have any or if you don't like onion.
- Olive Oil - Any neutral oil will work but I recommend olive oil for pasta dishes!
- Salty Butter - I think this fat adds the perfect richness to the broccoli but you could leave it out if you're trying to be healthy.
- Malfadine Pasta - This malfadine pasta shape is so fun but if you can't find it, any old noodle will work just fine!
- Red Pepper Flakes - Since I started using Flatiron Pepper Co's red pepper flakes, my life has been changed! Who knew what regular red pepper flakes were lacking?! These are a game changer and I highly recommend them!
- Lemon Juice - I like to finish this dish with a little bit of lemon juice to add the perfect pop of freshness, but it's not 100% necessary.
How to make Boursin Cheese Pasta
To make this boursin cheese pasta, you'll want to begin by sauteeing some onion in olive oil with a little bit of salt and some red pepper flakes.
Let this mixture cook for a few minutes until the onions begin to get translucent and soft.
Once they have a little color on them, add the shaved broccoli and a little more salt.
Cook the broccoli down for a minute, then add some salty butter to it.
Once the broccoli has softened, add the boursin cheese and about ¾ cup of water.
Stir everything up so that the boursin melts into the pasta water. If it looks too thick, add ¼ cup more pasta water to loosen it.
Now add your pasta in once its al dente -- straight from pot so that the excess pasta water gets in there!
Let the noodles finish cooking in the sauce over low heat for 1-2 minutes.
Finish with a squeeze of lemon juice and some red pepper flakes and enjoy!
How to reheat this pasta
Since the boursin will tighten up when it cools, you'll want to either add a little splash of milk, heavy cream or hot water to the pasta bowl before reheating.
I recommend popping it in the microwave, covered, for just a few minutes until the noodles and hot and steamy.
You could also do it on the stove top but remember that the more you move the noodles around, the more likely they are to break apart.
What to pair it with
If you'd like more super easy pasta recipes, check these out!
- Original Baked Feta Pasta
- Baked Feta Pasta with Butternut Squash, Hot Honey & Sage
- Springtime Baked Goat Cheese Pasta with Asparagus, Peas and Herbs
- Baked Blue Cheese Pasta with Bacon & Spinach
- Baked Queso Mac and Cheese
- Baked Buffalo Chicken Mac and Cheese
Save this recipe for later
If you'd like to save this Boursin Cheese Pasta for later, I got you!
You know love it when you save my recipes on Pinterest and share it with your followers! It's the best!
And if you don’t already, feel free to follow me on pinterest for more cheesy goodness like this!
Boursin Cheese Pasta with Broccoli
- Boil salty water and prepare pasta al dente according to the directions on the bag -- making sure to reserve at least 1 cup pasta water.
- In a large pan over medium-high heat, sautee 1 diced onion in olive oil with a pinch of salt and a pinch of red pepper flakes.
- Let this mixture cook for a few minutes until the onions begin to get translucent and soft.
- Once they have a little color on them, add the shaved broccoli and a little more salt.
- Cook the broccoli down for 2 minutes, then add some salty butter to it and stir.
- Once the broccoli has softened, add the 2 boursin cheeses and about ¾ cup of water.
- Stir everything up so that the boursin melts into the pasta water. If the mixture looks too thick, add ¼ cup more pasta water to loosen it.
- Now add your pasta to the sauce pan once its al dente -- do it straight from pot so that the excess pasta water gets in there!
- Let the noodles finish cooking in the sauce over low heat for 1-2 minutes.
- Finish with a squeeze of lemon juice and some red pepper flakes and enjoy!