Strawberry Dump Cake is another one of those perfect recipes for those of us who are bad at baking! Made with canned strawberries, yellow cake mix, salty butter, and cinnamon sugar – it’s unbeatable. I recommend topping the cinnamon sugar crunch crust with vanilla ice cream for the ultimate indulgent dessert!
Why I love this recipe
You know me and my lover affair with easy desserts.
Tie pregnancy onto that and my insatiable craving for strawberries and you’ve got yourself this recipe.
Easy as can be, yet beyond tasty and beautiful… I mean you can’t go wrong with a dump cake!
Unless you are trying to avoid sugar. And if that’s the case, close this page now!
The cinnamon sugar creates the perfect crunchy crust that locks in all the moisture of the strawberries. It’s insane how perfect it is!
My mom has been making dump cakes since I was a little kid.
And although the name still cracks me up… let’s be real, it’s freakin gross… they never get old!
I love how easy this strawberry dump cake is to make and how perfect it comes out every time.
It’s especially great for people like me who hate baking but love dessert. It’s a win-win for everyone!
How to make the easiest cobbler around
Making a strawberry dump cake is probably the easiest dessert on earth.
As the name states, all you have to do is preheat the oven and dump everything into a baking dish.
- 2 (21 oz) cans of strawberry pie filling
- 1 standard box of yellow cake mix
- 1.5 sticks of salted butter
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
The first thing you’ll need to do is preheat your oven to 350F degrees.
Next, grease a baking dish and dump the strawberry pie fillings into the baking dish.
After that, pour on the cake mix. Be sure that the cake mix covers and hides all of the strawberries.
Now drizzle with 1 stick of melted butter. The other half stick will be used later on.
Gently take a fork and mix the top layer of the cake mix and melted butter. Do so very shallowly as to not touch the strawberries underneath.
After that, mix together the cinnamon and sugar and sprinkle it on top.
Then cut the remaining half stick of butter into thin slices and place it on top.
Put the baking dish in the oven for 1 hour or until the top looks golden and crusty and the strawberries have started to bubble through.
What to serve it with
I love serving my strawberry dump cake with classic vanilla ice cream.
There’s just something so amazing about the way the ice cream melts into the cinnamon crust.
It’s like a cobbler on crack and with half the work!
If you’d like something a little lighter, you could definitely serve it with homemade whipped cream and fresh mint.
Other flavor variations
Over the years, my mom and I have made about a million variations of this strawberry dump cake recipe!
As long as you’ve got canned fruit and some variation of boxed cake mix, you can make this recipe work!
And if you’d like to save this recipe for later, pin it below!
Strawberry Dump Cake with Cinnamon Sugar Crunch Crust
- 2 cans strawberry pie filling (21 oz cans)
- 1 box yellow cake mix (15.25 oz box or close to it)
- 1 stick salted butter melted
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- .5 stick salted butter cut into thin slices
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a baking dish and dump two cans of strawberry pie filling.
- Then dump 1 box of yellow cake mix on top - be sure to cover all of the strawberries.
- Now drizzle the melted butter all over the cake mix and gently stir the top layer - being careful not to touch the strawberries beneath it.
- Next, combine cinnamon and sugar in a small bowl and sprinkle that on top of the buttery cake mix.
- Add remaining slices of butter on top and place in the oven for 1 hour or until the sides are bubbling and the cinnamon crunch top is crust and golden.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.