Tramezzini are Italian finger sandwiches that are filled with flavorful combinations. These tasty sandwiches come with a variety of fillings, and I’ve created quite a few! To make them authentic, you’ll need to start with soft white bread and my homemade Italian Mayonnaise recipe below!
What are Tramezzini?
As you know, toast is trendy AF, but what about Tramezzini? If you’ve never heard of these before, let me fill you in. In Italy, tramezzini are known as little finger sandwiches. They’re sort of like the tea sandwiches we have here in the USA. Rather than boring fillings like egg salad and cucumber-cream cheese, these scrumptious little white bread encased sandies are filled with italian goodness like crispy prosciutto, parmesan and soft boiled egg. Sounds amazing, right?? THEY ARE!
Tramezzini Fillings Ideas
If you’d like these tramezzini recipes, click to visit my page on The Spruce!
How to make Tramezzini
And of course – get creative!! Pretty much everything tastes good with homemade mayo and white bread so you truly can’t go wrong! Comment below with what you create so I can try it, too!
Recipe: Tramezzini Staple – Italian Mayo
Homemade Italian Mayonnaise for Tramezzini
- 1 egg yolk
- whole egg
- 1 tbsp. Tin Dry Spice Mustard powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. raw sugar
- Juice from 1 whole lemon
- A splash of white wine vinegar to make it more tangy
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp. avocado oil optional
- Simply add all the ingredients to a blender except the oils and pulse until incorporated. Slowly blend or whisk in about a half cup of olive oil and then add a few tbsp avocado oil until it reaches the desired consistency. Season with salt, pepper and possibly a little more sugar if needed.
If you like this Tramezzini recipe, you might also like this tasty recipe, too!
10 steamed bun recipes – Bao, aka steamed buns, are the perfect food. Doughy, light, and airy, and stuffed with a variety of fillings, these Chinese dumpling sandwich hybrids are super fun to make and eat. If you’re looking for bao bun fillings, then your search is over! Here are 10 essential steamed bun bao recipes.