You might’ve noticed that I’ve been on a little bit of a blog hiatus, but don’t worry… Yo’ bish is back! You see, I took a little vacay because a lot of awesome shit happened and I wanted to just live life off the computer for a lil bit.
I turned 31, my boyfriend turned 31, and most importantly, WE GOT A BRAND NEW NOODLY LITTLE BBY DACHSHUND PUPPY!
All of this celebrating and puppy-obsessing had me a little off course but whatever, that’s the beauty of a blog, right? You get to run it on YOUR OWN TERMS!
So what has been going on in my life? Well….. The boyfriend and I just happened to be born 5 days apart. And no, I’m not slightly cougar-ing, he is definitely 5 days older than me. To celebrate, I threw him a big tiki party and made a bunch of tasty asian-ish food.
It was awesome and I’m still not over it.
But I get it, I get it — that’s not why you’re here!
Let’s talk about this – DIY CRUNCH WRAP SUPREME!
INGREDIENTS – what you need
- extra large flour tortillas
- american cheese (trust me)
- taco seasoned grassfed ground beef
- sour cream
- chopped cherry tomatoes
- shredded iceberg lettuce
- neutral oil
How to make it:
Begin by placing the three american cheese slices in the middle of the flour tortilla and drizzle it with sriracha.
If you’re all like “ew yuck american cheese”, just trust me! The way it melts into the sriracha turns it into the quickest, most delicious nacho cheese sauce you will ever not-have-to-make.
After that, it’s time for the BEEF! I seasoned it up with some taco seasoning and then poured it right on top.
Now that the meat is on, it’s time to add the best part – the irresistibly crunchy center!
An easy way to avoid having to fry your own tortillas for this part is to simply buy some tostadas, look for one that is relatively flat, and just place it right in the middle!
Next, it’s time for the healthy-ish part.
Add shredded iceberg lettuce, chopped cherry tomatoes and a drizzle of sour cream. Pat yourself on the back for this little salad part that your’e about to get down on.
Now that all the ingredients are loaded up, it’s time to fold this bad boy.
Begin by simply pulling one side in, holding it flat, and then folding around the rest of the tortilla until it’s all sealed.
To cook it, either drizzle half the oil onto a panini press (or cast iron skillet) and place the folded side down.
Cook over medium heat until the exterior of the crunch wrap is golden and crunchy. The american cheese melts pretty fast so you shouldn’t have to worry about cooking it too long.
Besides, you don’t want that lettuce to get too soggy!
Don’t eat meat?
If you’re veg or are trying to stay away from red meat, switch it up and swap it out! I think some refried beans, scrambled eggs or seared halloumi cheese would be soooo dope on this.
Even seared tofu or fried fish would work wonderfully!
What to pair a diy crunch wrap surpeme with?
After eating something like this, you probably want something sweet and tasty for dessert!
When it comes to cocktails, try this smoky mezcal margarita, or creamy blended avocado margarita!
DIY Crunch Wrap Supreme
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- Water as needed
- 4 flour tortillas extra large
- 10 slices American cheese
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Sriracha
- 4 tostadas
- 1 large tomato finely diced
- 3/4 cup iceberg lettuce shredded
- 6 tablespoons sour cream
- 4 to 6 tablespoons oil
- Begin by adding ground beef to a medium-sized pan and turn the heat to medium-high. As the beef cooks, break it up into a crumble-like consistency until it's browned and cooked through.
- Drain out the excess grease and add your taco seasoning and water according to the package. Cook until it's all the way absorbed and remove from heat.
- Take 1 of the large flour tortillas and place 2 1/2 slices of American cheese in the middle of it.
- Add a drizzle of Sriracha and then top with 1/4 of the taco beef.
- Add one of the tostadas on top and smear it with 2 tablespoons of sour cream.
- Then add 1/4 of the chopped tomatoes and 1/4 cup of lettuce.
- Carefully pull one side of the flour tortilla up and to the middle. Hold it there and continue doing this all the way around the tortilla shell until it's all enclosed.
- Heat and a large skillet to medium and drizzle a little bit of cooking oil inside. Carefully place the folded crunch wrap, seam side down, and cook until the exterior is golden brown and the seams are pressed together.
- Lift up the crunch wrap, drizzle a little more oil, and carefully flip it and repeat until remaining side is golden brown.
- Remove from heat and set aside. Continue this routine with the remaining tortilla shells.
- Serve and enjoy!