This Beer Mac and Cheese with Irish Cheddar & Guinness is the perfect cheesy way to celebrate St. Paddy’s Day! Loaded with Kerrygold Salted Butter, Irish White Cheddar and Guinness Beer, this tasty Mac and Cheese not only looks like a pot of gold, but it tastes like it, too!
Beer Mac and Cheese
Yesterday on my Instagram stories, a vast majority of you voted for this tasty Beer Mac and Cheese Recipe for St. Paddy's Day! So here it, is! Not only do I love the taste of this creamy mac and cheese but I also love that it looks like an edible pot of gold!
It's loaded with with all my favorite Irish ingredients like Kerrygold White Cheddar and Butter and Guinness Beer. For even more flavor, it's got sweet little bits of Caramelized Shallots and Grainy Mustard for texture. And best of all, this no-bake mac and cheese comes together in under 30 minutes!
How to Make Beer Cheese Mac and Cheese with Irish Cheddar & Irish Cheddar
Making this easy beer mac and cheese is quite simple! To begin, boil your pasta according to the directions on the box and set aside.
Then, sauté shallots in Irish butter with a pinch of salt for a few minutes. Next, add flour and cook down until a roux forms. Add grainy mustard to the roux followed by some Guinness Beer.
After that, you'll stir in the heavy cream and let it simmer until the sauce has thickened. Finally, you'll add in the Irish cheddar and some sharp cheddar and stir until it's all melted.
Lastly. Finish by adding a bit of yellow mustard, some sriracha. and salt to taste.
I should also note that you might be a little freaked out by the color of the cheese sauce.
Unfortunately Guinness is quite dark so it makes the sauce not so pretty. To fix that, I added in orange cheddar, yellow mustard and sriracha. This not only makes the color of the sauce brighter and more appetizing, but it also adds more flavor!
Oh, and it also is the closest thing to an edible pot of gold which is fun, too!
Recipe: Beer Mac and Cheese with Irish Cheddar & Irish Cheddar
Beer Mac and Cheese with Irish Cheddar & Guinness
- 1 pound orecchiette cooked al dente
- 1 shallot finely diced
- 3 tbsp Kerrygold salted butter
- 2 tbsp Flour
- 1 tbsp Grainy Mustard
- ⅔ cup Guinness Beer
- 1.5 cups Heavy Cream
- 2 cups Kerrygold Irish white cheddar shredded
- 2 cups medium sharp cheddar shredded
- ¼ tsp yellow mustard
- ¼ tsp sriracha
- Prepare pasta according to the directions, strain and set aside.
- Add butter, diced shallots and a pinch of salt salt to a sauce pan. Sautee over medium heat for 4 minutes or until shallots become translucent. Add flour and whisk until a roux forms. Cook roux down for a few minutes but not long enough for it to darken. Add mustard and whisk again until incorporated.
- Slowly pour the beer and whisk it into the roux. As it bubbles, the beer sauce will thicken. When it’s thickened, whisk in the heavy cream and continue whisking until everything is combined. Keep the heat at medium and once the cream starts to bubble and thicken, add the cheese. Turn the heat off and stir until everything is melted. Finish by adding yellow mustard and sriracha and salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour in the cooked orecchiette and gently stir until everything is coated and creamy looking. Serve immediately!
And if you'd like to save this Beer Mac and Cheese recipe for later, pin them below!