And so the most jam-packed week of my life is underway and I’ve got to say — so far, so good! After just getting back from a fun-filled wedding weekend in Tallahassee with all of my best friends, to coming home for 24 hours and cooking at Black Dolphin Inn, to then quickly jetting to NYC, it seems as if Thanksgiving is the light (somewhat) at the end of the tunnel.
What’s not to love? Friends, family, and delicious food is right around the corner and for that, I’m super, SUPER grateful! Oh and total humble brag here but I need to mention it since I won’t be posting next week. I’m also grateful that my entire family is heading to Italy on Saturday for our first family trip in almost 7 years since we opened BDI… but that’s another story which you will be seeing a lot of if you follow me on instagram!
Now back to the subject – Of course, I’m also thankful for the whole leftovers part which just might be my favorite part of all. And since I know I’m not the only one that gets excited about it, I figured I’d share a few of the recipes that I’ll be making that are not only quick and easy but also extremely tasty!
OH OH OH ANOTHER EXCITING THING! Be sure to tune into Fox & Friends this Friday (Black Friday) at 8:45am EST to catch me cookin’ up delicious sandwich ideas to create using your Thanksgiving leftovers!
RECIPE: THE GOOEY GOBBLER – Leftover Thanksgiving turkey, cranberry jam and smoked gouda with sage butter
- 2 slices of Sara Lee Artesano Golden Wheat Bread
- 3 slices smoked gouda
- 1/4 cup leftover Thanksgiving Turkey
- 1 tbsp cranberry jam
- 1 tsp fresh sage, roughly chopped
- 2 pats salted butter, room temperature
- Begin by mixing the fresh sage with the room temperature butter and set aside.
- Add 1.5 slices of gouda to one slice of Sara Lee Artesano Golden Wheat Bread. Next, add the leftover thanksgiving turkey and a tbsp of cranberry jelly. Place the remaining 1.5 slices of smoked gouda on top and add the remaining piece of bread. Evenly smear the sage butter onto both exteriors of the sandwich and set aside.
- Grill the sandwich in either a panini press or a cast iron skillet until the bread is golden brown and the smoked gouda has melted; about 5-10 minutes. Remove from heat and let sit for 1 minute before slicing in half.
Click [HERE] to get the recipe for my Thanksgiving Cuban!
Click [HERE] to get the recipe for my Thanksgiving Breakfast Sandwich!
Or click [HERE] to get even more tasty Thanksgiving Leftover Sandwich Ideas by yours truly.
Hope everyone has an awesome holiday!