Cheesy Green Bean Casserole
My Mother in law is famous for this cheesy baked green bean casserole! Unlike the traditional version, this one is slow roasted which creates a creamy, melt-in-your mouth texture that is unlike any green bean casserole I’ve ever had. The crispy cheesy crust provides the perfect textural contrast which makes the whole dish irresistible!
- 4 cans french cut green beans drained
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can cream of cream of celery soup
- 1 6 oz container French’s crispy fried onions, divided
- 2 cups packed sharp cheddar, grated and divided one 8 oz block - I used Tillamook
- 1/4 tsp salt
Preheat oven to 375F.
In a large bowl, gently mix together drained green beans, mushroom soup, celery soup, half of the french’s crispy fried onions, half of the cheddar, and salt.
Place in a greased baking dish and top with the remaining cheddar cheese then the crispy fried onions. Bake for one hour, turning halfway, to create a perfectly even golden crust on all sides.
Let cool for 20 minutes before eating.