Recipe: Spicy Lemon, Kale and White Bean Detox Soup
Packed with kale, beans, zucchini and more - This detox soup is perfect for fighting a bloated belly!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- sweet onion roughly chopped
- 4 stalks celery roughly chopped
- 5 carrots skin removed and roughly chopped
- 5 cloves of garlic roughly chopped
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes or less if you don't like it spicy!
- 1 fat zucchini chopped into halved coins
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 8 oz can fire roasted tomatoes
- 2 quarts chicken stock of bone broth
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 can rinsed white beans
- 3 cups kale chopped
- the juice from 1 lemon
- **optional - 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper**
Add olive oil, onion, celery, carrots, garlic, salt and red pepper flakes to a heavy bottomed pot over medium-high heat and begin to brown.
Once they begin to caramelize, add zucchini, turmeric and a little bit more salt. Cook down for 3 minutes before adding the can of roasted tomatoes, chicken or bone stock and vinegar. Simmer for 30 minutes.
Add white beans and kale and cook for another 15 minutes. Finish with the juice from 1 lemon and if you'd like - add about 1/4 tsp more of cayenne pepper to make it even spicier!!